Speaking of facilities......

DeepGreen

4 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

May I ask who you heard this from?  Reliable source, neighbor, friend?

I wish. It was posted under the IPF is Happening thread of this board a while back. So take it for what it’s worth. Again if anyone has information to the contrary then please share. I’m hoping to see the IPF built before I graduate. 

Edited by Salsa_Verde
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I drove by there today and snapped a few pics. I snapped a few of the turf at Apogee as well. Since I love T&F, I wanted to see how things were coming along. Coach Sheffield told me they would host meets as soon as they are opened so I am looking forward to that.

20180528_101418.jpg

20180528_101426.jpg

20180528_101433.jpg

20180528_101741.jpg

20180528_101745.jpg

20180528_101750.jpg

On 4/22/2018 at 8:22 PM, Salsa_Verde said:

Last I heard the IPF was short 500K-900K I’m not sure. It seems the project has stalled. Please correct if I’m wrong. 

At the first Coaches Caravan Wren said that we were about $500,000 short and that construction would start after the coming season is over.  I believe that the total cost was around $14M.

• Thanks 2

14 hours ago, GrayEagle said:

At the first Coaches Caravan Wren said that we were about $500,000 short and that construction would start after the coming season is over.  I believe that the total cost was around $14M.

500k doesn't seem like much. I bet we could get 500 alumni to give 1k or 1000 alumni to give $500 and we would have the 500k. Maybe we could even break it down as far as 2000 alumni giving $250. I may be dreaming, but I know I would be willing.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Glad we are upgrading the facilities,  but I am not a fan of putting a track around the soccer stadium. Very high school-ish.  Just like in football,  it takes away from the experience.  I think the TCU soccer stadium is pretty good setup.  Wish we would have done something more along those lines.  

• Thanks 1

On 8/25/2018 at 10:42 PM, mgfan said:

Glad we are upgrading the facilities,  but I am not a fan of putting a track around the soccer stadium. Very high school-ish.  Just like in football,  it takes away from the experience.  I think the TCU soccer stadium is pretty good setup.  Wish we would have done something more along those lines.  

I agree but space is limited and lots of colleges have to do this. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, NorthTexan95 said:

I agree but space is limited and lots of colleges have to do this. 

I'm sure everyone would have preferred separate but right now at UNT I can't see spending the money to do both as separate facilities. My opinion is this was the right decision here. And the Longhorns have the same things so from a recruiting perspective, I don't think recruits will see it that negatively. 

• Upvote 2

On 8/25/2018 at 10:42 PM, mgfan said:

Originally, it was only going to be track so they could get track out of Fouts. So if anything, they would have just left soccer where they are.

• Lovely Take 1

36 minutes ago, ttunt1970 said:

I watched Texas soccer game and they have the track around the field I wish everybody that complains would put up money to do 

exactly what is wanted. I went by the facility about a week ago and it will be nice!!!!!

Not saying it won't be nice and don't assume what ppl donate.  

I understand that people are complaining about the track around the soccer field, but let's be honest. It is financially the right thing to do. Why? Because if we are honest with ourselves, soccer and track & field do not generate much revenue in the United States. If you want to make real money in those sports you have to leave the country. I bet you there are not 10 people on this board that can name 5 track meets outside of the Olympics and World Championships without using Google. I bet there are not 10 that can name 5 world class track & field athletes on the USA team. I am not saying that's bad, I am just being realistic. I could not name you one soccer team outside of the Dallas Stars. I want the Mean Green to be great in those sports, but they do not generate the revenue to justify each getting their own facility and I am a huge T&F fan. It's just a fact, the USA is all about football, basketball, and baseball. Everything else is so far behind those three that it's not even funny.