NCAA deserves it's reputation

You know how people always complain about the NCAA and how it goes about it's business?  Last year we moved from Virginia back to Texas.  My daughter is freshman in HIGH SCHOOL and already has had two issues with the NCAA because of the move.  Yes, the NCAA is so badly run it affects a FRESHMAN IN HIGH SCHOOL. 

Ugh.  

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, NorthTexan95 said:

You know how people always complain about the NCAA and how it goes about it's business?  Last year we moved from Virginia back to Texas.  My daughter is freshman in HIGH SCHOOL and already has had two issues with the NCAA because of the move.  Yes, the NCAA is so badly run it affects a FRESHMAN IN HIGH SCHOOL. 

Ugh.  

Not sure why the NCAA would have anything to do with a high school freshman, sure it is not the UIL?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

Not sure why the NCAA would have anything to do with a high school freshman, sure it is not the UIL?

NCAA.   They sponsor many of the big AAU tournaments so you have to sign up on their website.   We played in some of those tournaments last year in Virginia.  We moved back to Texas and last fall I had to send the NCAA a copy of our mortgage payment to prove that we lived in Texas.  They didn't tell us this was needed until the last minute.  Today my daughter was playing in another tournament and they could only see the old Virginia address on her NCAA profile even though it was obvious when I pulled it up.  While at work I had to download and email them a copy of her report card to prove that she's in school in Texas.  They didn't tell us this until two hours before the first game. 

Why does the NCAA care where you live or what team you play for?  I don't know. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, NorthTexan95 said:

NCAA.   They sponsor many of the big AAU tournaments so you have to sign up on their website.   We played in some of those tournaments last year in Virginia.  We moved back to Texas and last fall I had to send the NCAA a copy of our mortgage payment to prove that we lived in Texas.  They didn't tell us this was needed until the last minute.  Today my daughter was playing in another tournament and they could only see the old Virginia address on her NCAA profile even though it was obvious when I pulled it up.  While at work I had to download and email them a copy of her report card to prove that she's in school in Texas.  They didn't tell us this until two hours before the first game. 

Why does the NCAA care where you live or what team you play for?  I don't know. 

Show them the address on the check from Adidas.  That should be all the NCAA needs.

• Haha 5