Beto O’Rourke to make campaign stop at UNT today.....on campus! A Democratic nominee for the US Senate making a pointed and official “campaign speech” ON CAMPUS property. Oh, the outrage!!!!! Where are the professors starting petitions, calling for the event to be cancelled, calling it outrageous???? Where are all the Daily editorials opposing it????

Anyone else see a big reason why not? Ha! I have absolutely ZERO problem using UNT resources for this event....NONE. Just like I had ZERO problem with the son of the president making a non-campaign speech raising scholarship funds at an OFF-Campus facility.

But, even though, different in scope and sponsorship and purpose, the “quietness” of folks on campus surrounding this obvious pointed political appearance is more than a little ironic. Oh...and really humorous as well.

One wonders just how much in campaign dollars O’Rourke will raise for himself and his personal campaign related to this event vs how many scholarship dollars were raised by the off-campus event?

Oh the outrage...UNT will never recover because someone made a speech!!!!! What has happened to our beloved University! Oh, the outrage and humiliation. We shouldn’t ever have considered playing a football game at Beto U either.....oh, wrong outrage.

Just having some fun this morning....you folks carry on! 😂😂😂

• Upvote 6
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 7

43 minutes ago, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

You could at least pick a liberal person who is ethically controversial to come and speak at UNT before feigning your snowflake rage. 

There is a very large population in Texas who would say that a Democratic politician campaigning for a Senate seat would be a "liberal person who is ethically controversial".

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 2
  • Haha 2
  • Downvote 1

50 minutes ago, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

You could at least pick a liberal person who is ethically controversial to come and speak at UNT before feigning your snowflake rage. 

Ha! Ha! You must have missed the part where I said I had no problem with him speaking on campus...unlike the real “snowflakes” who ran to their campus safe places while Trump spoke off-campus.  You, Sir, might just need a remedial reading comprehension class.  I hear the local Juco offers one.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 5

1 minute ago, KRAM1 said:

Ha! Ha! You must have missed the part where I said I had no problem with him speaking on campus...unlike the real “snowflakes” who ran to their campus safe places while Trump spoke off-campus.  You, Sir, might just need a remedial reading comprehension class.  I hear the local Juco offers one.

Ha! Ha! </facepalm>

This is like one brother calling the other brother a son of a bitch. Why would you do that? Makes no sense. 
Perhaps UNT's engineering school doesn't have the remedial reading requirements -- which is how I was able to be degreed.

I don't need to 'miss the part' - you obviously were trying to feign rage and pointing out ZOMG how dumb the liberals are by their outrage at having UNT's name as a sponsor to some controversial speaker. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Downvote 7

Correct me if I am wrong.  Did we not pay Trump for his speech? Sure, it was a fundraiser and you hope to sell enough tickets to at least cover cost.  Nevertheless, your comparison is certainly not apples to apples.  Further, I seriously doubt UNT would have any issue with allowing Senator Ted Cruz speak on campus.  

• Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1

On 4/21/2018 at 9:39 PM, HoustonEagle said:

Correct me if I am wrong.  Did we not pay Trump for his speech? Sure, it was a fundraiser and you hope to sell enough tickets to at least cover cost.  Nevertheless, your comparison is certainly not apples to apples.  Further, I seriously doubt UNT would have any issue with allowing Senator Ted Cruz speak on campus.  

We did not pay for Jr.  An alum paid for him to speak.

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 4

10 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

Ok, lets start with his DWI arrest and go from there.

http://mugshots.com/Blog/Beto-ORourke.8204410.html

Rick

That's rich -- considering the GOP's track record with alcohol, 'deviant' sex and drugs. 

It isn't a crime moral turpitude. I think the left is more likely to forgive indiscretions from youth.  Once you pay your price to the country for the mistake, isn't that enough? 

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 3

1 hour ago, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

That's rich -- considering the GOP's track record with alcohol, 'deviant' sex and drugs. 

The Choom Gang's own Barrack Obama, David Paterson, Chuck Robb, Ron Dellums, Marion Berry:  All Dems, all busted or admitted users.

Deviant Sex, Sexual Assault, Adultery: Bill Clinton and JFK while in office, both Dems.

Alcohol:  Too many to count from both sides.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

9 hours ago, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

It isn't a crime moral turpitude. I think the left is more likely to forgive indiscretions from youth.  Once you pay your price to the country for the mistake, isn't that enough? 

Hey, you gave me a challenged and I offered up some dirt.  The guy believes in all kinds of sorryness that I don't support, and that's fine by me.  He has a right to believe how he wants.  I'm just glad no one on the right cried like spoiled children when he brought his message to our campus.  

Rick

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Downvote 3