click bait for award winning journalist bert frito @brettvito

flyonthewall

22 minutes ago, oldguystudent said:

I'm probably gonna play another round at Bandon Dunes this summer (the only course I have ever played.  ever).  Where's my article? 

Apparently it was clickbait for a tax accountant that has so much time on his hands he is playing golf at Bandon dunes every day

Edited by flyonthewall
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

Maybe you should pay him...

That's what you really think?  I pay for privilege?  All this.....never mind that my mother graduated with two degrees from here, my wife two, me, my brother in law two degrees, my sister in law two degrees,

Road shows our own dime to pitch the stadium to other donors, paid catering at my own house to pitch donors the stadium, yeah, I'm only paying to play, for access....there is no love for the university here...

Keep it up.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, flyonthewall said:

That's what you really think?  I pay for privilege?  All this.....never mind that my mother graduated with two degrees from here, my wife two, me, my brother in law two degrees, my sister in law two degrees,

Road shows our own dime to pitch the stadium to other donors, paid catering at my own house to pitch donors the stadium, yeah, I'm only paying to play, for access....there is no love for the university here...

Keep it up.

As they say, no good deed goes unpunished.  

Image result for no good deed goes unpunished gif

I really tire of this lingering battle over who supports the university in the "right" way.  

Let each of us do our own thing, be appreciative of each other for being here, have fun, and carry on.  

Things are going pretty good.  Let's enjoy the ride a little bit for once. 

As for the original post, I had no intention of mocking it in my response.  Was just being silly -- mostly because I don't golf at all and when I do, I'm about the worst golfer who ever lived. 

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, flyonthewall said:

Keep it up.

I’ll be blunt—there are a lot of people who believe that for all the good you and your buddies did from funding, it kept a cancer here for 10 years longer than he should’ve been. 

That stadium only passed because of the student vote that UNTFlyer led...the one where RV had to be as far away as possible. He, nor you and your pals, got that thing passed. The students did. Anything else is revisionist history. And with that brand new stadium coming and then built, RV’s hires got us 28 wins in the next 6 seasons and 71 losses. He also torched our basketball program with a colossally stupid hire in Benford, who would’ve been hired away to his alma mater in Lubbock at a moments notice if he had accomplished anything here in a year or two. 

I believe in Wren Baker. And I believe he will get us a helluva lot more than 17 donors in 15 years to make this place something great. 

Done

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Downvote 6

6 hours ago, oldguystudent said:

I really tire of this lingering battle over who supports the university in the "right" way.  

Let each of us do our own thing, be appreciative of each other for being here, have fun, and carry on.  

Things are going pretty good.  Let's enjoy the ride a little bit for once. 

As for the original post, I had no intention of mocking it in my response.  Was just being silly -- mostly because I don't golf at all and when I do, I'm about the worst golfer who ever lived. 

DILLY DILLY

6 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

I’ll be blunt—there are a lot of people who believe that for all the good you and your buddies did from funding, it kept a cancer here for 10 years longer than he should’ve been. 

That stadium only passed because of the student vote that UNTFlyer led...the one where RV had to be as far away as possible. He, nor you and your pals, got that thing passed. The students did. Anything else is revisionist history. And with that brand new stadium coming and then built, RV’s hires got us 28 wins in the next 6 seasons and 71 losses. He also torched our basketball program with a colossally stupid hire in Benford, who would’ve been hired away to his alma mater in Lubbock at a moments notice if he had accomplished anything here in a year or two. 

I believe in Wren Baker. And I believe he will get us a helluva lot more than 17 donors in 15 years to make this place something great. 

Done

No, mostly you and 90 and a couple other crazy conspiracy theorists think that.

Most of us think the big donors did everything they could to keep the program moving forward. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Downvote 1

On 4/19/2018 at 3:54 PM, flyonthewall said:

munoz in first on web.com tour, ortiz in middle of the pack.

Write a story story writer @brettvito

that is all

Update,  Munoz 2nd, Ortiz 10th going in to final day.   They keep this up for the rest of the year we will have two on the big show next year!!

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1

Good lord!!!! 

Guys, let's all just support the university and quit worrying about who got what, when, where.  Donate because you want to, don't because you don't. But damn this silliness has to stop.  We've got like 1,500 donors out of 300+ THOUSAND alum.... 

if 250,000 of our alum gave 25 bucks a year, that's 6.25 mil a year extra revenue... 25 freaking bucks

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

if 250,000 of our alum gave 25 bucks a year, that's 6.25 mil a year extra revenue... 25 freaking bucks

Yup, I totally agree.  And you know what would help.....just a little bit towards getting that $25 out of their pockets?  If when every time they opened up two certain newspapers and saw something about Mean Green Athletics that they were reminded how exciting the future is for North Texas...instead of being reminded how shitty our past has been or how lucky we are to have a moments bright spot.

THAT's the point Fly is trying to sarcastically get accross...and he's right!

Rick

• Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

Yup, I totally agree.  And you know what would help.....just a little bit towards getting that $25 out of their pockets?  If when every time they opened up two certain newspapers and saw something about Mean Green Athletics that they were reminded how exciting the future is for North Texas...instead of being reminded how shitty our past has been or how lucky we are to have a moments bright spot.

Rick

YES SIR! 

• Lovely Take 1

22 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

Rick

I'll agree to that point.

• Lovely Take 1