DRC and Vito honored with State and National Awards

Harry

27 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

I may be a clown, but my pockets weren’t fleeced by a hustler that was using him to keep his job. There are lots of names you can use for anyone that falls prey to that kind of deal...I’ll let you decide what the best ones are.

And to your point,  we helped build an athletic center, a stadium,  on and on, helped pay for student athletes to get an education they otherwise couldn't afford......all while an administration scoffed at the fact that it was getting done.  I would have preferred that you said "Thank you "  but hey, you continue with your tired old narrative. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

12 hours ago, meanrob said:

He's not a horrible writer in the sense he can put words and sentences together but there's nothing insightful in his writing.

I agree that he's not horrible but sometimes he does have trouble putting sentences together.  I'd expect a writer with his experience to make fewer mistakes.  Last year the sports writer for the NT Daily was a much better writer with much more interesting stories than Brett has ever done.  

• Upvote 2

I don't think anyone blames the few donors we have who were willing to pony up the money to move us forward.  I think the ire is reserved for the charlatan who kept a job for FAR too long on the backs of those same donors. 

RV took over an athletic department that was operating at a marginal D2 level and brought it up to a marginal D1 level.  Nobody is denying that improvements were made, but some of us think the barometer for that success should have been calibrated a hell of a lot better.  If I go from coming home drunk and beating my wife to coming home sober and psychologically abusing her I don't deserve a trophy...I deserve to be told "that's an improvement, but you're still a dick." 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 5

Just now, emmitt01 said:

I don't think anyone blames the few donors we have who were willing to pony up the money to move us forward.  I think the ire is reserved for the charlatan who kept a job for FAR too long on the backs of those same donors. 

RV took over an athletic department that was operating at a marginal D2 level and brought it up to a marginal D1 level.  Nobody is denying that improvements were made, but some of us think the barometer for that success should have been calibrated a hell of a lot better.  If I go from coming home drunk and beating my wife to coming home sober and psychologically abusing her I don't deserve a trophy...I deserve to be told "that's an improvement, but you're still a dick." 

Good post.  We have at least one major donor, that I know of anyways,....who's been giving since the late 70's, who to his credit put NT first and ignored attempts to be swayed and silenced by THH to look the other way, and instead tried to raise awareness of the goings on that led to the audit results.  And of course he was ostracized for it and as a result his support diminished over the years but I expect he will return very soon.

That's the kind of donor folks I admire the most.  

Rick

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 1

I could have done without RV all together. Timing was his biggest ally in my opinion, and the Barnett Shale. RV was over his head the entirety of his stay and should have been removed before Dickey.  All the buildings built were happening with or without RV and would likely to have happened much faster with a guy who knew how to raise money and get things done.  If we  had an AD for that time period that knew what he was doing we would have "The 74" to bitch about instead of the 17 RV sucked up to.  

44 minutes ago, KingDL1 said:

I could have done without RV all together. Timing was his biggest ally in my opinion, and the Barnett Shale. RV was over his head the entirety of his stay and should have been removed before Dickey.  All the buildings built were happening with or without RV and would likely to have happened much faster with a guy who knew how to raise money and get things done.  If we  had an AD for that time period that knew what he was doing we would have "The 74" to bitch about instead of the 17 RV sucked up to.  

I’m just glad that there are folks out there that recognize the reality of just how bad an AD we had for so long and how he was insulated by donors that were deemed to be big (by our standards). 

To me, any decent AD would’ve had quadruple the big donors RV got, in part because we would have actually had some success that got attention from donors. We are starting to see that now with Baker, Littrell, and McCasland. RV could only dream of having both revenue sports produce the season we just saw.

• Lovely Take 1