DRC breaking news -- AJ Lawson to transfer

Brett Vito

It does, and I hate to see him go, but I think everyone kind of saw this coming.  I am pleased A.J. was part of the CBI Championship and wish him nothing but the best moving forward.  I really appreciate how they are both handling this, as it can't be easy, as this will serve them well wherever they end up.  

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Was hoping he stuck it out one more year and see if things got better after the surgery, but I guess he saw the writing on the wall.  By the end of the season you could see him tuning out McCasland when he was ripping into him.

At this point, let's hope we don't complete the trifecta with Holston, or someone else, making an announcement.

Edited by TreeFiddy
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, TreeFiddy said:

At this point, let's hope we don't complete the trifecta with Holston making an announcement.

I agree, but watching how things played out late in the season, Lawson will be the one missed the most.  While I appreciate all of their efforts, I am excited to see how Simmons, Tikohenko fill in and Gibson's return.  We are headed in the right direction.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

33 minutes ago, grossman said:

Dang. That hurts depth wise. 

I think it hurts more experience-wise than depth-wise. I'm pretty confident Mccasland will fill his spot with someone who fits the offense better (can shoot) and has decent length. I also wonder if with the open spots we might go after Tremell Murphy and his twin brother. Murphy has an Oregon offer but if we offer both that could be an advantage for us if we could bring them both on.

Thanks to AJ for all his hard work representing the program.

Edited by BillySee58
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

8 hours ago, TreeFiddy said:

At this point, let's hope we don't complete the trifecta with Holston, or someone else, making an announcement.

Definitely think we will. I think it's best for everyone. It was clear in CBI run we were better without Holston and Lawson. Both are talented but it wasn't a fit. I get the sense the coaches encouraged Lawson and Fuller to find another program. Not because it was contentious but the players could find a better fit as could the program. Makes sense. My bet is the same will be for Holston

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

5 hours ago, flyonthewall said:

Really?  What would we do without the great Bert Frito?  I mean it could get worse.....Right?

Without Bert promoting the great Darrell Dickey, would we have put him in the Hall of Fame?  

Seriously, I have no real problem with Bert, I am sure he gives his best to cover the program.

• Lovely Take 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 6