New Addition: WR Trace Thompson; Godley

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, TaylorCarroll said:

That’s my brother! He was being recruited by mcNeese, Texas State and Tech but UNT has more to offer. UNT is lucky to have him. Surest hands I’ve ever seen. Him and I would throw routes to each other for hours when he was younger. 

Great pickup!  Look forward to meeting you and your family at a tailgate.  Also, welcome to the site!  GMG

That’s my brother! He was being recruited by mcNeese, Texas State and Tech but UNT has more to offer. UNT is lucky to have him. Surest hands I’ve ever seen. Him and I would throw routes to each other for hours when he was younger. 

McNeese impressed me most of all FCS schools this past cycle.  Followed closely by Northwestern State.  Both do a great job identifying talent.  Did he have offers from any of those schools?

• Upvote 1

Yes he had an offer from McNeese. Was going to be a PWO at Texas Tech. Texas State has the best offer until UNT came into the picture and he just couldn’t turn it down. He’s very athletic. 4.57 40-yard, strong, and great hands.

Slot guy for UNT? I won't lie haven't peeped his tape

13 hours ago, TaylorCarroll said:

Welcome to the board and to the Mean Green family.  I was curious if you would be willing to share or expand on the comment above that UNT has more to offer.  I mean, we all know that being alumni or current students, but what do you all see that made you come to that conclusion.  I would love to hear a recruit/recent signee's thoughts.

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Noticed he is not on the current roster.  Is he still with us? Will he be added to the roster later?  @TaylorCarroll any updates?

There will be several walk ons added post camp.  We also have one from Oklahoma Littrell specifically pointed him out to me and said he was excited that we landed him.  I’ll leave names out until They update the roster.  

• Upvote 1