• Welcome to GoMeanGreen.com!

Thank you for visiting us!  Registering is easy and free, and provides you with the ability to participate in the discussions along with many cool features and content.

Sign in to follow this  
Brett Vito

DRC: UNT in process of negotiating extension with Smatresk

Great news.  Guess the rumor of him planning his retirement were premature.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

22 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Great news.  Guess the rumor of him planning his retirement were premature.

Its a good rumor to put out there, if you think of negotiating up your salary ;)

• Haha 6

38 minutes ago, outoftown said:

Its a good rumor to put out there, if you think of negotiating up your salary ;)

Agreed.

Super happy to hear this news.  

3 hours ago, outoftown said:

Even if he does retire (someday), I really hope that he helps with finding his replacement before he's out. I would highly trust his opinion in that regard.

• Upvote 7

Definitely @DeepGreen.  Especially when they are working for athletics.

Seems that in the past, we've had our fair share of administration working collectively and cohesively against athletics.

• Upvote 1

I agree with all of the accolades about Dr. Smatresk but I would be hard pressed to put him in more than a tie with Dr. W.J. McConnell who changed us from a teachers college to a university.

• Upvote 1

I'm not that old but I can't think of another President here at UNT that is as big of a cheerleader as he is.  This guy is not here for a paycheck and really reveals that in his day to day undertakings.  Hope he stays as long as he is able to!

Ok....perhaps not the best all time but for the last 40 or 50 years????

11 hours ago, All About UNT said:

I'm not that old but I can't think of another President here at UNT that is as big of a cheerleader as he is.  This guy is not here for a paycheck and really reveals that in his day to day undertakings.  Hope he stays as long as he is able to!

Pohl.

55 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

Pohl.

Pohl was good initially but siding with the crooked provost spelled his doom.  The faculty basically ran Pohl out of town as I recall.  Would you not agree Neal holds pretty strong faculty and admin support?

GET THE MAN SIGNED UP--WHAT IS THE DELAY??--GOT TO KEEP HIM--ALSO THE AD AND THE COACHING STAFF OF ALL SPORTS--BEST BUNCH WE HAVE HAD --EVER

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3