Athletic Staff Expansion?

UKEagle79

Why is our athletic staff so small compared to other CUSA schools? 

We only have two compliance employees, a relatively small marketing team, only one graphics guy on board and only three people working in the ticket office. 

Is this something we can expect to change in the near future? I read a post on this forum referencing the $26 million debt our athletic department has but perhaps this is one of those times where you have to spend money to make money.

Also, I made arrangements to be in Denton for SMU weekend (some have speculated that game could be the first sellout in Apogee history) and would appreciate some recommendations for good restaurants and some fun activities to do with the wife and kids while we are in town. I'm trying to avoid the cliche places like Rudy's and etc. 

12 hours ago, UKEagle79 said:

Also, I made arrangements to be in Denton for SMU weekend (some have speculated that game could be the first sellout in Apogee history) and would appreciate some recommendations for good restaurants and some fun activities to do with the wife and kids while we are in town. I'm trying to avoid the cliche places like Rudy's and etc. 

The Downtown Square and surrounding area have great locally owned places to eat, get dessert, have a drink, etc...  There is a good historical museum in the Courthouse on the Square and just a really cool building to walk around in.  My 14 year old and I did that this past year and surprisingly enjoyed it much more than anticipated.  

https://www.sharkarosa.com/

The above is a fun place and was shown a couple of years ago on an episode of "Dirty Jobs."  We took our kids and it was a lot of fun.  You can usually find specials on the internet but it is well worth the admission.  It is about 20 minutes north of town, just south of Pilot Point.

FYI, you would probably get better responses if  you moved that question to the football board.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, UKEagle79 said:

Thank you @UNTLifer I did a repost of this same topic in the football board. I will be sure to check out Sharkarosa, seems like a great place for the family!

You are welcome.  How old are your kids?

Edit: I am asking because that may help with suggestions regarding what to do with his family while in town.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, UKEagle79 said:

I've got three boys: 12, 9, and 8. Hopefully future UNT athletes! 

They will like Sharkarosa and maybe the courthouse museum.  The two younger ones might get bored, but it is free.

Edited by UNTLifer