Jason Bean

Marty

Hopefully he will come here with the attitude of getting better while waiting for his shot. In 2 years, if his arm strength, accuracy, and ability to read the defense are anywhere close to what Mason Fine was like as a sophomore ; he will be the next great QB at UNT.

We will get to see what a truly unstoppable offense looks. (WRs who can get open, QB who can find the open receiver or extend/make a play with his feet, and a RB who could break it open on any play)

We were pretty close to this last year. I think if we can keep Littrell until 2022, we will be able to score at will. 

• Upvote 2

On 4/2/2018 at 10:29 AM, agw0038 said:

Hopefully he will come here with the attitude of getting better while waiting for his shot. In 2 years, if his arm strength, accuracy, and ability to read the defense are anywhere close to what Mason Fine was like as a sophomore ; he will be the next great QB at UNT.

We will get to see what a truly unstoppable offense looks. (WRs who can get open, QB who can find the open receiver or extend/make a play with his feet, and a RB who could break it open on any play)

We were pretty close to this last year. I think if we can keep Littrell until 2022, we will be able to score at will. 

No such thing.  Defense can always find a way to put offense at a disadvantage. 

• Lovely Take 1

17 hours ago, GMG24 said:

No such thing.  Defense can always find a way to put offense at a disadvantage. 

hmm... I'm not sure I completely agree with this. I see what you mean, but I also think a defense will always have to choose how to they want to defend. Yes, they can come up with a game plan that may be able to put a particular aspect of an offense at a disadvantage but in doing so they (the defense) also put themselves at a disadvantage. Only the special defenses have the ability to completely shut down an offense, and thankfully, we wont be playing to many of those teams.

I think we are very close to having the type offense FAU had last year. Unstoppable, at least in CUSA. 

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

1 minute ago, UNTLifer said:

Why were we unable to do this last year?

Did not have the guys to do so.  The end of the day it's johnnys and joes.... teams who beat us had better johnnys and joes

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, unt_rocket09 said:

Felt bad for him at our regional track meet. Their 4x1 2nd-3rd exchange tripped over each other. 

PSA: Mansfield ISD is loaded 

A coach's towel with the following emblem was found near the scene of the botched exchange.  No word if the towel was involved or who may have dropped it.

3831544_dc8c03ff851d46f78d05205b4aadde1d.jpg

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Marty said:

Bean finished 3rd at state meet tonight in 100 meters, time 10.46.

inals                                                                      
  1 Everly, Keishawn          12 FW Trimble Tech          10.23   2.5  10   
  2 Smith, Jais               12 Mansfield Legacy         10.36   2.5   8   
  3 Bean, Jason               12 Man.Lake Ridge           10.46   2.5   6   
  4 Foster-Hooks, Z'Antyler   12 Corsicana                10.52   2.5   4   
  5 Stubblefield, Bryson      10 Fort Bend Marshall       10.55   2.5   2   
  6 Asenuga, Wesley              Richmond Foster          10.56   2.5   1   
  7 Scott, Jaleel             10 Austin LBJ               10.63   2.5       
  8 Texada, Seth              11 Grapevine                10.80   2.5       
  9 Price, Xzavia             12 FW Dunbar                11.00   2.5       

Just for a point of reference . . .

https://247sports.com/college/penn-state/Bolt/Barkley-clocks-school-record-1074-in-100-36778014

• Upvote 1