San Francisco (3/30/18)

CMJ

Wow!

We finished the year with a 15-17 record.  Certainly some memorable moments (good/bad) during the season, & it was apparent we were a better team, but it ended on a sour stretch, followed by a first-round thud in the CUSA tourney.  Most agreed we were wasting our money buying-into the CBI...

Fast Forward 2 weeks...

Incredible to see this team dig deep & reel off a 5-1 record in this tourney to get to 20 wins & a postseason championship!

What a ride!  Can’t wait for next year!

GO MEAN GREEN!!

• Upvote 7

25 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

Nice crowd wish they show up for the season games.  If we ever sell out the Super Pit where will everyone park?   I got there at 5:45 and had to park way out in left field.  

good problem to have...

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2

Wow.  So happy for the team.  It is a great way to end the season and probably comes at a good time.  McCasland has been riding several of the players pretty hard and I can see it starting to show.  It will be good for everyone to have a break from each other.

Great end to the longest season in Mean Green MBB history!!

• Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Hey, North Texas won the CBI. That means CUSA finishes as the 11th best conference. That's the same ranking as the year before the AAC was formed.

That's according to Ken Pomeroy.  I don't always put a lot of stock into all his stuff, but that's kinda cool.

Edited by CMJ
  • Upvote 1

I was there with two of my kids sitting behind the USF bench.  Great crowd and a great atmosphere.  We stayed for the entire net cutting because that doesn't happen very often.

By the way, traffic on 35 from 121 was great.  Didn't hit any traffic until we actually hit Denton. 

20180330_204015.thumb.jpg.500cf795b2ca91d705dce74c56fec1a6.jpg

Edited by NorthTexan95
  • Upvote 2

10 hours ago, THOR said:

good problem to have...

I agree it was not a put down just what I noticed going to the game.  It was great to have to hike into the super pit.  I was very excited when i pull up and there was traffic built up on the road and I had to drive back to the north forty to park.  Heck if we could sell out our games out I would park at the parking garage and walk it in. Sorry didnt want to sound negative it was just something I noticed.  I hope the fair weather fans show up in force next year for all the games.    GMG!

3 hours ago, oldguystudent said:

Helluva a year for UNT athletics overall.  Great win.  

Kinda surprised the students didn't storm the court so we could argue about whether that was appropriate or not.  Kinda disappointed on that. 

We wanted to, but with about a minute left in the game they brought over 5 cops and about 10 event staff to form a line to keep us from rushing.