San Francisco (3/30/18)

CMJ

Given the early start and that some folks might have family things going on, I think slightly more than Wednesday is about all we could hope for.  Originally I was thinking maybe even 5.5K or 6K, but I'll be happy with the 4100 we had last night.

1 hour ago, Cerebus said:

President just announced the University will close at Noon this Friday.  

Wish he would have also announced that student had to attend the game in order to skip classes Friday afternoon/night.   Not like it would be enforceable, but might as well throw it out there. 

9 minutes ago, TreeFiddy said:

Wish he would have also announced that student had to attend the game in order to skip classes Friday afternoon/night.   Not like it would be enforceable, but might as well throw it out there. 

Time for Dentonites to support their D-1 Basketball team. 

😒

• Downvote 2

21 minutes ago, Matt said:

I've read on Don's Central as well as their subreddit that Matt McCarthy will be out for the game with a concussion. 

Hope McCarthy is ok.

Funny — your post got me to thinking.  At the game last night I commented how much more athletic we were and how they looked like an old school Naismith type of throwback squad.  They certainly have more height but we can out jump them.  It’s one of the more interesting matchups I’ve seen in awhile.  They sort of remind me of an ivy type team we played in the Pit under Benford, can’t recall their name... they had brown jerseys.

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

Hope McCarthy is ok.

Funny — your post got me to thinking.  At the game last night I commented how much more athletic we were and how they looked like an old school Naismith type of throwback squad.  They certainly have more height but we can out jump them.  It’s one of the more interesting matchups I’ve seen in awhile.  They sort of remind me of an ivy type team we played in the Pit under Benford, can’t recall their name... they had brown jerseys.

Iona? Lehigh?

Edited by BillySee58
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Matt from A700 said:

I work in Frisco and both 121 and 380 are huge pains at 5:00 p.m. Fingers crossed!

Nothing wrong with 121-35 Texpress lanes at that time of day shouldn’t take more than 25 minutes 

6 hours ago, Harry said:

Hope McCarthy is ok.

I'm pretty sure that Brown University is the only Ivy League school that wears brown jerseys.

When we played Lehigh (1st year of BennyBalltm, they did have brown jerseys as I recall.  We certainly had more raw athleticism on the floor, but with Benford at the helm we were clearly outmatched and what was supposed to be a big matchup sadly ended with a thorough thrashing of the Mean Green on our own home court.

19 hours ago, CMJ said:

Given the early start and that some folks might have family things going on, I think slightly more than Wednesday is about all we could hope for.  Originally I was thinking maybe even 5.5K or 6K, but I'll be happy with the 4100 we had last night.

I was thinking about 5000+ too initially but with a 6pm start and Easter weekend, I'd be happy with 4000. The fact that we even expect 4000 is an amazing development in this early phase of our turnaround by GM. 

13 hours ago, Matt said:

I've read on Don's Central as well as their subreddit that Matt McCarthy will be out for the game with a concussion. 

I remember seeing him on the end of the bench holding the bandage on his forehead and telling my daughter that he looked concussed. I wish the very best for this young man. I'm always complaining about ticky tack calls in bball, but I feel like the refs have let too many obvious calls go in this series. I like letting them play but you also have to protect the players. 

• Upvote 1

it almost seems to me that the CBI home games has had more fans at the games then we had in the previous five years.  Actual bodies in the seats and not counting season ticket holders.  This what the pit should feel like full of energy.  Last game even the lady in front of me put her cell phone down for two minutes during the game.  Now that is energy!   Maybe this game she will actually stand up.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Game Day!

North Texas men's basketball vs. San Francisco (CBI finals)
Date | Time  Friday, March 30 | 6 p.m.
Location   Denton, TX | The Super Pit
Live Stats  meangreenstats.com
TV  ESPNU - Roy Philpott (PxP), Jason Capel (Color)
Radio  MGRN - 88.1 KNTU-FM, 95.3 KHYI-FM -  John Liddle (PxP), Hank Dickenson (Color)
Twitter   @MeanGreenMBB
Game Notes

North Texas | USF

MGS.com Preview
ESPN Game Page
Stream 88.1 KNTU THe One
DRC: UNT Aiming For Magical End
DRC: Chalk Talk

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 1