San Francisco (3/28/18)

CMJ

2 minutes ago, meangreenJW said:

I can't even put into words what this does for my soul. GMG

it was so beautiful tonight...benford benford'd our school...was nice toinght to have the students back...hope they come back friday...

Edited by THOR
  • Lovely Take 3

1 minute ago, TreeFiddy said:

Little over 4k tonight.  That was fun, and loud, and fun.  Looking forward to Friday night.  Hope we can get some pub on the local news outlets and get an even bigger crowd on Friday.

Both Fox 4 and CBS 11 showed highlights. Channel 8 and NBC 5 did not. 

On 3/27/2018 at 4:35 PM, jdennis82 said:

This is an incredibly unique opportunity for our men and coaching staff to make and immediately implement and apply opponent-specific changes in response to a loss.

Whatever the outcome tomorrow, I look forward to seeing a high level of intensity and a new wrinkle or two from McCasland.

You said it. And the adjustment was to drive to the hoop and either dish to someone extremely close and open....or take the 6 footer instead of going in and getting hacked to death.  When they're in a 2-3 D they cannot cut off our drives inside.  They just can't.

Rick

• Upvote 1

What a game! What an effort by our guys! Be proud, my friends! Our defense was stellar!

I have an incredible feeling about Friday night, but win or lose, this is a scrappy team with heart, effort and pride that we all need to champion and be proud of. I'll be decked out in my UNT-themed Rangers hat at work tomorrow ('cuz I still gotsta support my Rangers on Opening Day) But you can guarantee I'll be flying my green, too!

And Friday, you can bet I'll be rocking the UNT polo! What a ride this has been!

P. S. -- What's nuts is that we handed out a butt-whoopin' tonight, but I feel like we could have beaten them by about 35 if we wanted to.

Go Mean Green, my friends!

#MakeTheSuperPitGetSuperLit

Edited by TheFranchise
  • Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, FirefightnRick said:

I'm exhausted.  I haven't yelled at someone that loud since I drove the family across country with the kids in the back seat.

Rick

Hopefully everyone else had the same experience. Winning by itself doesn't cause a group to bond and want to came back for more. Feeling like you were actually a part of the winning experience will. This is where spirit groups REALLY make a difference in the bonding process......assuming they are proactive in their interaction..... and not just generic in their interaction.

Is there anyone on the board who attended last night's game who also attended games in the old Pit? If so, how do they compare?

• Lovely Take 1

McCasland was the Midland College coach the last time we won the National championship for community colleges... (have won some before  ... with Spud Webb and Mookie Blaylock)...  He has experience in very meaningful playoff games.... He is a good guy and I have met him several times.  Not that it means anything But MC main color is also green.... 

.Go Mean Green. 

45 minutes ago, SCREAMING EAGLE-66 said:

McCasland was the Midland College coach the last time we won the National championship for community colleges... (have won some before  ... with Spud Webb and Mookie Blaylock)...  He has experience in very meaningful playoff games.... He is a good guy and I have met him several times.  Not that it means anything But MC main color is also green.... 

.Go Mean Green. 

As a proud alumnus of both MC and UNT it's pretty cool to know McCasland was so successful there first. 

• Lovely Take 3