San Francisco (3/28/18)

CMJ

Another great stat is we only have 3 turnovers tonight. We are actually shooting a lower percentage than them from the field but have taken 20 more shots due to the number of steals and out boarding them by double digits. Oh, and we have only missed two FT's. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

13 minutes ago, FirefightnRick said:

When was the last time you've seen this many students?

IMG_5281.PNG.b74274542b4ee66ffd69ffd167e5f23c.PNG

Rick

That would be Pit Crew days during JJ era, which I was a proud member of while a student there. 

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 2

Great win! We're on track to win this thing.  We must fix that 3-point shooting percentage to keep USF honest and I think that trophy will stay in Denton.

• Lovely Take 1

45 minutes ago, CMJ said:

I tend to think Game 3 will be closer because USF will go back to the drawing board.  However, I doubt we shoot that poorly again.

We'll see how it goes, but that was a tremendous win in front of a lively crowd.

San Francisco has scored 81 points in the last three halves of basketball. I think we have a decent handle on their offense at this point. Teams know each other very well at this point. Who is gonna execute better when the other team knows what you're doing? 

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

San Francisco has scored 81 points in the last three halves of basketball. I think we have a decent handle on their offense at this point. Teams know each other very well at this point. Who is gonna execute better when the other team knows what you're doing? 

Teams always make adjustments in playoff series though, and the team that lost tends to make more.  Obviously this is from other sports that actually HAVE series more regularly (NBA, MLB, NHL, etc)

1 minute ago, BillySee58 said:

Exactly.  They’ve really had no answer for our halftime adjustments game 1. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

Another great stat is we only have 3 turnovers tonight. We are actually shooting a lower percentage than them from the field but have taken 20 more shots due to the number of steals and out boarding them by double digits. Oh, and we have only missed two FT's. 

this is my fear...this will not happen again friday...just hope our boys make the best of their opportunities....usf won't turn it over like that, neither will we...stoked about friday!

14 hours ago, MrStrange18 said:

I cannot make it due to some conflicts.  Excited to see what the turnout is.  If it goes to game 3, I WILL be taking off work early to head to Denton!

GMG!!

See you Friday... 

tweet at WB asking if he will still pay for fans first game tickets like he offered during the season.. would love to see even larger crowd tonite 

• Thanks 1