San Francisco (3/28/18)

CMJ

41 minutes ago, Don Solo said:

As a Dons fan, I was surprised to see the negativity here directed towards Simmons. From what I saw last night, he's the only skilled big on the UNT roster (Arikawe is energetic, but not particularly talented). 10 points, 22 boards for a freshman post, and people are hating on him? Ouch. I think Simmons will be a good one for you.

Simmons rebounding is awesome.  His biggest issue as a young player is situational awareness and picking up very early fouls in games. He’ll keep improving.

On a complete side note: The Dons offensive ball movement Monday night was a thing of beauty. That first half almost every one of those 3’s y’all made were uncontested open looks due to passing execution.

13 hours ago, Don Solo said:

As a Dons fan, I was surprised to see the negativity here directed towards Simmons. From what I saw last night, he's the only skilled big on the UNT roster (Arikawe is energetic, but not particularly talented). 10 points, 22 boards for a freshman post, and people are hating on him? Ouch. I think Simmons will be a good one for you.

Don't be surprised. On the football boards more than a few thought our true freshman QB wasn't good enough and might lose his job as a sophomore. Turned out he was All-Conference as a Soph. Seeing talent and keeping that in line with reality of experience etc. isn't a strength for all folks.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Game Day!!!

North Texas men's basketball vs. San Francisco (CBI finals)
Date | Time  Wednesday, March 28 | 7:30 p.m. CT
Location   Denton, TX | The Super Pit
Live Stats   meangreenstats.com
Stream  ESPNU - Roy Philpott (PxP), Jason Capel (Color)
Radio  MGRN - 88.1 KNTU-FM, 95.3 KHYI-FM -  Dave Barnett (PxP), Hank Dickenson (Color)
Twitter   @MeanGreenMBB
Game Notes

North Texas | USF

MGS.com Preview
ESPN Game Page
Stream 88.1 KNTU The One

• Lovely Take 1

6 minutes ago, Prettylittleeagle said:

He should've communicated that on this forum. Because I wouldn't have paid for my own ticket(s). Darn. Oh wait, I'm not surprised there wasn't a post. 

He did post this regarding the Monday game.  Did you attend or is that too liberal and nerdy?

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

20 minutes ago, Shark84 said:

No fraternities or sororities tonight, it is Greek Week. Hopefully the dorm students will show up. Go Mean Green!

And they are unable to alter their schedules?  I just emailed the greek life office requesting they encourage students to adjust their schedules and attend.

• Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 1

39 minutes ago, Shark84 said:

Just found out that Greek activities have been cancelled tonight and that over 1000 greeks have redeemed tickets! Could be a fun environment! Go Mean Green!

That’s awesome. If all those students show up, this game could have the best atmosphere in the Pit since the TT and OSU games. Can’t wait!

1 hour ago, Prettylittleeagle said:

Good luck. Greek week is planned way way way in advance, and its beyond unlikely. In "my day" this would've never happened. Would be cool though if it did. 

Proud of the Greeks for altering their schedule for this ball game.  I am sure my email had nothing to do with it, but I am taking credit!

Image result for pat yourself on the back meme

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 2