DRC: Five quick thoughts on UNT's spring game

Brett Vito

Positives....

O-line looks to be improved. I am not as concerned about them as I was at this time last season.

Fine looks healthy and sharp. He has good chemistry with the receivers. I think we can continue to throw on most teams.

Negatives...

Our defense continues to worry me. When starters were on the field and everyone was serious, our D couldn't make plays. Tackling looked bad on too many plays. The secondary seems the weakest part of our defense...again.

I don't believe we have a running back in on our team that can replace Wilson. In all honesty, I don't believe the platoon philosophy will be able to replace Wilson's production either.

Our kicking game needs to get much better.

We are probably still waiting for some late transfers and we have a long time before next season, so I'm not worried yet.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Prettylittleeagle said:

I agree with all of this, I feel as if we have taken a giant step backwards and the sky is now falling. 

The sky isn't falling. Littrell has proven he can win with a struggling defense. It's still way too early to worry about what we will look like next season. Players will get healthy, transfers will show up, and younger players will develop. In my opinion, we are in a much better position coming out of spring ball this season, than we have seen in many years.

Fear not, we have time to improve in all the areas of concern.

• Upvote 2