San Francisco (3/26/18)

CMJ

9 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

Refs suck on our penetration moves to the hoop! Why are we not fouling the last 3:30 minuets?

This.  Why did we wait until about 20 seconds left to start fouling?  They were throwing up bricks from the line most of the second half.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, RiseUNT said:

I don't think Simmons knows he is tall.

I wouldn't be surprised to learn that Simmons hit like a 7 inch growth spurt one year and is still getting used to being tall. He still has a long way to go from a basketball IQ standpoint and skills but 22 rebounds shows he can really be a valuable asset to this team.

• Lovely Take 2
  • Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, meangreen15 said:

19% from 3 and Woolridge played maybe his worst game of the year.  Showed a lot of heart in the second half, but couldn't overcome the careless turnovers.  Shake it off and lets go get 2 at the Pit.  

Bingo!

Wooly would like to see him stop making quick passes to Simmons underneath the hoop. Simmons is not there at this stage with co ordination to catch it or strength to slam it down.Would also like to see him quit driving the baseline to dish it back outside. If he would of gotten 1/2 the calls things would of been different. When you guys aren’t hitting outside you have to drive!

This isn't the way our team has played in the last 3 games. With that said expect that if we show on Wednesday I feel like we can take the next two games in Denton. San Fran just before the game ended was at like 20% free throw shooting. We obviously had a very off night when it came to 3-pointers and even field goals. We pack The Pit Wednesday and we will smoke their asses. 

I like our chances at home with 2 games to go.  Definitely settled down in the second half, but the 3s were huge in this one.  The announcers said it at the end...they expect a much higher shooting percentage for the Mean Green at home.  The team learns from this one and finish at home with 2 in a row!  Go Mean Green!

• Upvote 1

Simmons will be fine and will be a beast for us in the years to come.  

My observations on the game.

1.  First half, USF was unconscious from the 3 point line.  Now I understand how South Dakota, Mercer and Jacksonville State felt against us.

2. We almost had too much energy and played out of control too much.

3.  We were as cold on threes as they were hot.

4.  Because of #3 above, Woolridge went to the drive and got caught in the air leading to poor decisions and turnovers.

5.  Refs were maddening to say the least.  Woolridge gets hammered for no call and on the ensuing transition, we get called for a reach in that didn't even slow their player.

6.  Had every chance in the second half to get back in the game but were not patient.

7.  Their cutting and passing is a thing of beauty, but we actually defended well after the first 10 minutes.

8.  Most important, we didn't play well and could have won this game.  We have the ability to run away from the USF slow white boys and should if we play our game.

Can't wait until Wednesday.  We can do this!

• Upvote 3