San Francisco (3/26/18)

CMJ

Posted this in another thread.

"

SF is led by Boum, a freshman who is averaging 11.3 points per game.  He shoots 36% from the 3 and has hit 41 treys.

They have one slow 6'9" dude, McCarthy, that's averaging 8 points and 5 rebounds per game.   

They have one athletic 6'7" averaging 5 rebounds and 5.8 points a game.

Farrari is averaging 11 points per game. Shoots 37% from the 3 and has 57 treys.

Ratinho, 6'5" guard, averaging 10 points a game, shooting 41% from the 3 and has 77 treys.

They average 42% from the floor, 68% from the stripe and 33% from 3 with 289 3's on the season.

They lost to Gonzaga all three times they faced them, playing within 9 one time.

In comparing like opponents.... 

They lost to San Diego by 10 in San Diego.(We beat SD in double OT there)

They beat Central Arkansas by only 2..78-76.  Central Arkansas got routed by Jacksonville State last Monday night.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 4
  • Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, Don Solo said:

Keep in mind that everyone still playing now is probably playing their best basketball of the season. I know that's the case for USF, who opened as 3.5 point favorites for the game on Monday. 

Agreed.  Hoping for a good game on Monday evening.  If NT can win on the road, it would be great, as we'd have 2 shots at home to get it done.

13 minutes ago, Don Solo said:

Keep in mind that everyone still playing now is probably playing their best basketball of the season. I know that's the case for USF, who opened as 3.5 point favorites for the game on Monday. 

What am I supposed to take from this knowing we are the only ones winning by ~25 points in the tourney?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

I like our chances. I really like how Simmons is starting to kind of play into his role nicely and not play into foul trouble so quickly. I know shooting is what has allowed this run, but there is no denying we are a better team when he is not in foul trouble and has a presence on the floor. 

• Upvote 2