Who is your squad?

emmitt01

If you could choose a ten man rotation made up ONLY of players from the last 15 years (no bringing up players from before many on the board were born), who would you pick?  Who are your starting 5 and which 5 are on your bench?  

And, how do you think that squad would fare in CUSA play and the NCAA tournament?  

I’ll start:

G- Woolridge

G- Jordan Williams

G- Roosevelt Smart

PF- Tony Mitchell

C- George Odufuwa

Backups

G- Josh White

G- Ben Bell

F- Tristan Thompson

F- Roger Franklin

C- Zach Simmons

I think that squad would win the CUSA tourney and go a few rounds deep in the tourney depending on the draw.

• Upvote 1

Hard to say. Are we playing in this new guard-heavy, 3-ball of McCaslands?  Or are we playing some JJ ‘streetball’?

Since JJ is a legend here & we’re not done with McCasland’s 1st year, I’ll go with JJ coaching:

Starting 5: J.White, C.Davis, T.Thompson, J.Williams, T. Mitchell.   (OMG, we’re smashing CUSA & getting a 5-6 seed!)

Bench: (Only 5?) B.Bell, C.Watson, R.Smart, J.Combs, G.Odufawa. Some big-time scoring/3-ball coming off the bench. If we get the full 12, I’ll also take Alzee for his lock-down defense & Q.Williams for another big body down low.

EDIT: How did I forget the great Chris Davis?   Inserted.  Bumped Combs out of the starting lineup & slid J.Williams over.  Sorry Eric Tramiel, you’re bubble busted, but you’re still one of my all-time favorites.

Edited by MeanGreenTexan
  • Upvote 2
  • Confused 1

Ryan Woolridge 

Calvin Watson

Jordan Williams 

Tony Mitchell

George Odufuwa

Bench:

Josh White

Chris Jones

Roosevelt Smart

Jermey Combs

Quincy Williams 

I would add Chris Davis but he graduated in 02-03 so 15 years would have passed. Would love to add him though.

• Upvote 2

PG - Ryan Woolridge

SG - Roosevelt Smart

SG/SF - Chris Davis

PF - Tony Mitchell

C - George Odufuwa

Bench

PG - Josh White

SG - Calvin Watson

SG/SF - Tristan Thompson

PF - Jeremy Combs

C - Shawnson Johnson

Maybe Jordan Williams instead of Jeremy Combs as a stretch 4 off the bench. Leaving Combs because I think I have enough shooting on the bench with these guys.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1