Jacksonville State (3/21/18)

CMJ

1 minute ago, CMJ said:

Nice to see you dahbeed!  Congrats on the Toppers run so far.

Fun to be playing this late no?  Lol.  I was more worried about tonight’s game than the USC game just because they were hyping it up in Stillwater.  I thought we were the better team all night long.  OSU wasn’t as good as our top level teams in CUSA imo.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Green Lantern said:

Same to the Toppers! What an impressive win tonight. Excited to see y’all win it all in NY.

Thanks.  It was a good win from start to finish.  I’m sitting here watching Utah vs St Mary’s and it’s just gone into overtime.  We play whoever wins this game.  I think we can play with either of them.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, dahbeed said:

Congrats to the Mean Green. You guys are absolutely crushing it right now.  Tip of the cap to your coaching staff and your players for wearing everyone out in this tourney.  I know you guys love your hoops and I’m happy to see some excitement after putting up with the Benford years.

I'm particularly happy after crushing a Harper squad.

http://jsugamecocksports.com/news/2018/3/21/mens-basketball-drops-cbi-semifinals-contest-at-north-texas.aspx

"We looked like a team that's been on the road for some time," head coach Ray Harper said. "We were limited with our depth and we weren't there defensively, but we didn't quit. We didn't stop playing and that is a credit to those guys. It's going to be kind of nice to get home with everything that has gone on."

17 minutes ago, FirefightnRick said:

Damn that was fun!  

And a 1,000 thank you's to WB for giving us at least one night with the great Rob Coffee on the P.A. That took me back to some other great times in Mean Green basketball history. 

IMG_5187.PNG.d4b8c8bfc21d4bd4a86f541105f76ed9.PNG

It's All Green And All Good!

Rick

Coffee was on the PA?  Awesome news.  Hope he stays.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

12 hours ago, Green Lantern said:

It was a truly great atmosphere in the Pit tonight. Fans were loud and into the game throughout. You can tell that Rose and Duffy are feeding off of that energy and playing loose. 

Anyone in attendance these past two games will definitely want to come back. 

Sorry if this has been discussed previously, but was it McCasland's decision to go with the Staples/MSG stage lighting?  I've never been a fan of stage lighting at basketball games because it forces fans to sit in darkness and puts a damper on crowd atmosphere IMO. 

• Downvote 1

46 minutes ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

Sorry if this has been discussed previously, but was it McCasland's decision to go with the Staples/MSG stage lighting?  I've never been a fan of stage lighting at basketball games because it forces fans to sit in darkness and puts a damper on crowd atmosphere IMO. 

Lots of arenas are lit this way though. You don't need the same amount of candlepower in the stands like you do for the court.

50 minutes ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

No, it's always been that way IIRC.

Last night I checked my UVerse lineup for Monday night and set the game to record. They have no game details, of course, but it will be on Channel 1605 (HD) and 605 (SD) at 7:30 p.m.

Unless they play with the schedule after tonight's game, it strongly suggests that Game 1 would be in Denton.

Edited by EagleMBA

28 minutes ago, greenminer said:

No, it's always been that way IIRC.

I swear it was a little brighter in the Johnny Jones days and even Benford. It was never lit up like the AAC, but sure seems darker than when I was a student and the last game I went to a couple years ago

I'm a Mavs fans so I'm conditioned to the bright lights. Can't stand the curtain of darkness like Staples has. 

Image result for american airlines center

Image result for Staples center

• Downvote 2

6 hours ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

I swear it was a little brighter in the Johnny Jones days and even Benford. It was never lit up like the AAC, but sure seems darker than when I was a student and the last game I went to a couple years ago

I'm a Mavs fans so I'm conditioned to the bright lights. Can't stand the curtain of darkness like Staples has. 

Image result for american airlines center

Image result for Staples center

I don't think ours is quite as dramatic as Staples. If I remember correctly they moved to the stage lighting when the new LED lights were put in a few years ago. 

7 minutes ago, Mean Green Matt said:

What do you mean?

I meant that they COULD shuffle their timing of the broadcast on Monday if the game was scheduled to be played somewhere else after tonight's game in San Fran. The fact that it is now scheduled for 7:30 pm our time suggested to me that the first finals game would be in Denton, regardless of tonight's winner.

I could have been clearer in my previous post but please cut an old man some slack. :)

4 minutes ago, EagleMBA said:

I meant that they COULD shuffle their timing of the broadcast on Monday if the game was scheduled to be played somewhere else after tonight's game in San Fran. The fact that it is now scheduled for 7:30 pm our time suggested to me that the first finals game would be in Denton, regardless of tonight's winner.

I could have been clearer in my previous post but please cut an old man some slack. :)

That might just be a placeholder. The CBI hasn't released any times. 

10 hours ago, CMJ said:

I actually doubt the Gazelle Group folks have decided where  the CBI locations will be.  They're probably waiting on the attendance figure tonight at San Francisco.

Who knows, SF may fill their entire 5300 seat arena tonight, but the only game this season I can find that they drew more than we had last night was when they hosted Gonzaga.