GMG.com 2018 March Madness Thread

I like the stupid commercial that the NCAA and CBS is running in an attempt to promote the NCAA's dedication to "The Student Athlete".

Yeah, if any of you actually cared about the The Student Athlete over your bank roll...you wouldn't have assigned two teams from West Virginia to play on the West Coast at 8 pm on a Sunday night.

Rick

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Back in the day when they actually tried to actually put all the teams into their geographic regions (or as close to possible if they could fit into more than one) people also complained because some regions would be much tougher than others.

I only had seven of the Sweet 16 in my bracket.  Ha!  Two of my Final Four are still around, but I lost my National Champ (Virginia).

If I could pick my Final Four from the current bracket, I'd go with Kentucky, Gonzaga, Villanova, and Duke.  Duke or Nova to take the whole thing.

8 hours ago, CMJ said:

I only had seven of the Sweet 16 in my bracket.  Ha!  Two of my Final Four are still around, but I lost my National Champ (Virginia).

If I could pick my Final Four from the current bracket, I'd go with Kentucky, Gonzaga, Villanova, and Duke.  Duke or Nova to take the whole thing.

That's not bad considering this bracket had a historical landmark, plus all the other upsets.

.  I got 9 of the 16, and only have Nova and Duke left of my final 4, with Duke winning it all.

Rick

2 minutes ago, greenminer said:

WKU hanging with USC in NIT.

I actually briefly considered going to the game.  I would have probably had to leave as soon as our game ended and by the time I got home it would be pretty late, even on the West Coast, though and decided against it.

• Upvote 1