Mercer (3/19/18)

CMJ

7 minutes ago, CMJ said:

I think part of it is that they haven't seen us all year.  Conference teams start to figure you out by midway through the league season...these teams haven't.  Still though, impressive, impressive wins.

9 minutes ago, ChristopherRyanWilkes said:

Where did this team come from? Those two teams/programs aren't scrubs either.

I'm shocked to see how well we are playing. I'm not shocked to see us playing better with Duffy and Miller taking most of the minutes away from Lawson, Holston, and Temara. I don't have much in the way of stats to back it up, but those guys really dragged the offense down with their inability to hit outside shots, save for Temara at the beginning of the year.

Lawson shot around 40% from the field while taking most of his shots close to the basket. Teams gave him that all year and didn't have to respect their outside shooting.

And while those guys are bigger and seemingly better defensive players, our defense has not taken a hit with them in. Less turnovers, more made shots, and more time to get set on defense as a result. This is the future of the Mccasland era imo, once he fully puts together his own roster. Spread the court with shooting, skill, and athleticism even if at the cost of size.

• Upvote 6

Just now, DeepGreen said:

Can someone explain to me why the hell the Super Pit always looks Dark and dingy on TV/Computer?  I really talking about the stands.  Court looks O.K., but the stands, awful!

They light it like a stage.  MSG does the same thing.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

So what we've learned through this tournament:

- Duffy should have been playing instead of Lawson all year

- Michael Miller had been shooting his jump shots with the wrong hand all year

Lawson has had a hand that needed surgery since October, next year it will be fun with him healthy.

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 1

14 minutes ago, Mo Green said:

Lawson has had a hand that needed surgery since October, next year it will be fun with him healthy.

Honest question with how Duffey and them are playing.. does he stay? We had heard rumors he thought about potentially leaving before GMac got here

• Confused 1
  • Downvote 2

17 minutes ago, Mo Green said:

I hope so. But even as a freshman he shot about 27% from three and 59% from the line. I'm not convinced his hand injury is the sole reason for his bad shooting. If he comes back I think he would best fit as a 3/4 off the bench with ball handling ability, ability to get to the basket, being a good rebounder and defender but surrounded by shooters like Gibson and Duffy.

• Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

I hope so. But even as a freshman he shot about 27% from three and 59% from the line. I'm not convinced his hand injury is the sole reason for his bad shooting. If he comes back I think he would best fit as a 3/4 off the bench with ball handling ability, ability to get to the basket, being a good rebounder and defender but surrounded by shooters like Gibson and Duffy.

bad shooting from the line seems to be the norm for this team, aside from smart