2019 HS - Jalen Jackson - 5'10" PG

3 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

I think Jackson is indeed going to end up being very special at NT.   ˙However, I am a little concerned that NT doesn't have anymore announced signees or commits at this point.  

Recall McCasland stating that this team's record is really helping recruiting, but have seem no evidence of that. 

Stealth-like, isn’t it?

17 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

If I had to guess I’d say that Mccasland knew back in the fall signing period that we would be better off holding onto those last two scholarships until after the year when we could recruit with the extra pitch of a good 2018-2019 season

I think we need some grad transfers for next year. At least two 22 year old post players.

• Lovely Take 1

42 minutes ago, RiseUNT said:

I think we need some grad transfers for next year. At least two 22 year old post players.

Yeah I think we get one JUCO and one grad transfer. I think the staff really likes James Reese, who is a JUCO guard (6’4”). He’s a really good shooter and I do think we need that with the way we have struggled shooting most of this year, and with Duffy and Miller leaving. And I do think we add one big, maybe a stretch big who could play next to Zachary Simmons, not just rotate with him.

With Muhammad coming off a redshirt, that’s another plus-sized player. A big key will be if Tikhonenko and Alcindor can actually be trusted to give us key minutes next year. We should have solid depth next year. We can’t have guys taking up scholarships for multiple years who aren’t contributing.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

HS recruits?   JUCO recruits?    Transfers?

Guessing JUCO and transfers/grad transfers. Abdul Muhammad told NT03 that a big reason he signed with us was our CBI run. I think our coaches saw a big year coming and realized it would open up more options in recruiting.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BillySee58 said:

Guessing JUCO and transfers/grad transfers. Abdul Muhammad told NT03 that a big reason he signed with us was our CBI run. I think our coaches saw a big year coming and realized it would open up more options in recruiting.

Looks like we at least hit a home run with our 1 HS recruit.  Looking forward to seeing how the other 2 are filled.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, RiseUNT said:

Isn't this guy in the state tournament?

Yes!   And he looks primed to win it all.   

They're staring a rematch with Timberview in the face (Wagner already beat Timberview once this season) for the title.   Just gotta get by Vic Iwuakor & Sulphur Springs first.

Duncanville is going to Annihilate GP North Shore to have some bittersweet revenge for the Football State Championship game. 

• Upvote 1