MGN: Final Thoughts on The Venue

aztecskin

I sat on the bleacher side and enjoyed the game. A friend of mine sat in the $15 seats on the end and said he could not hear the crowd, heard whistles from the other court and had trouble seeing the game. He suggested that the courts be turned and the  permanent seats be used as premium seating with temporary seats on the other side. I don't know if this would work but the quality of seating and access to the restrooms and the concessions would improve.

• Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1

1 hour ago, MCMLXXX said:

I sat on the bleacher side and enjoyed the game. A friend of mine sat in the $15 seats on the end and said he could not hear the crowd, heard whistles from the other court and had trouble seeing the game. He suggested that the courts be turned and the  permanent seats be used as premium seating with temporary seats on the other side. I don't know if this would work but the quality of seating and access to the restrooms and the concessions would improve.

Was there only one entrance and exit to the floor? If so this needs to change. The venue is great and presents an upscale image for C-USA! GMG 

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, MCMLXXX said:

I think this is a fair suggestion. Having to go so far and up a million stairs to use the bathroom was annoying. Of course, I was having to go regularly after having a few beers. And I wasn't going to make that trip without picking up another beer. It's a vicious cycle, LOL.

• Lovely Take 1

It might mess with the sound, but i would like to see the courts turned sideways. Have about three to four rows of temporary bleachers leading down to the court from the permanent seating, then temporary seating on the other side of the court. Have TV cameras on the temporary side looking toward the permanent seating. 

• Downvote 1

3 hours ago, DeepGreen said:

Watching the WKU-Marshall.  On TV the venue makes it all look bush league.  Sorry, but I call them like I see them.

I don't disagree but at least the seating behind the teams looked pretty full today and really yesterday as well. Most non power 5s I've watched this week have had nobody in the building. 

The biggest driver for a better / different venue would be better attendance. There is no ideal location for this thing, despite what the Eastern teams think. I wouldn't mind rotating between Frisco and like a Charlotte every two years. 

It keeps it fair. 

From my conversations with some of the admins, it looks like the clear issues: The scoreboard, some minor logistical things, will be addressed for next year. 

• 11 months later...
On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 5:11 PM, MCMLXXX said:

Maybe the CUSA folks listened to the criticism since the layout has now changed. 

• Lovely Take 1