NT Women vs. WKU (CUSA Semifinal)

1 minute ago, GMG_Dallas said:

Important question...

When Holmes hit that deep 3 with about 3 minutes left in the 2nd quarter, the male commentator said "that's a facial, there."

Ummm... I've heard that, ummm phrase, but never in a basketball sense. What does that mean in basketball terms? 😳

Well, I've heard it in a basketball sense, but before today always when someone dunks in someone's face.

5 minutes ago, CMJ said:

Well, I've heard it in a basketball sense, but before today always when someone dunks in someone's face.

Gotcha. I think I have heard of that now that you mention dunks. I guess, I blanked on dunks because it was a male commentator making that comment during a women's game. #MeToo is getting to my head.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, FirefightnRick said:

It was still a good season for the ladies.  The turnaround we've all been waiting for, with lots of youth returning.  

I'm very proud of them.

Rick

Everyone that played in this tournament is coming back next year. Jalie has gone from 11 wins to 12 wins to 17 wins. 5 players (some of which would have been major contributors) were out before the season even started. Jalie only has one year left on her contract. It needs to be extension time. 

• Upvote 5
  • Lovely Take 1

Good overall tournament performance by the Green.  They needed another nearly perfect game like against La Tech, to pull this off or really make it close.  

I think next year will be very interesting, I can see a few players with heavy minutes this year being replaced by better players.  

Anybody else like it strange that WKU got every superlative honor in the conference besides coach as a second place team?

• Lovely Take 1

9 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

Anybody else like it strange that WKU got every superlative honor in the conference besides coach as a second place team?

My understanding is the 1 seed was theirs until they lost the final game of reg season? It’s not like they were a distant 2nd place.

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 1