Tremell Murphy---Juco SF (just offered)

SUMG

Florida SW State College profile: http://fsw.prestosports.com/sports/mbkb/2017-18/bios/murphy_tremell_c5e7

• As A Sophomore (2017-18)
  • >> NJCAA All-Region VIII/FCSAA All-State
  • >> Suncoast Conference Player of the Year
  • >> Suncoast Conference All-Conference First Team
  • >> NJCAA Region 8 Men’s Basketball Player of the Week (Dec. 19)
  • >> NJCAA Region 8 Men’s Basketball Player of the Week (Feb. 6)
  • >> NJCAA Division I National Player of the Week (Feb. 7)
  • >> JUCORecruiting.com’s 2018 Junior College Basketball Top 100 Player Rankings (#21)
  • >> Mullen’s JC Top 100 Camp Invitee (Wichita, Kansas; July 21-23)

Some stuff coming out of HS...

https://www.news-press.com/story/sports/2016/05/31/fsw-basketball-signs-indiana-all-star-two-more-impact-players/85186706/

Tremell Murphy, a 6-foot-5 forward, made Indiana’s roster for the Indiana-Kentucky All-Star game, to be played June 11. He averaged 17 points and nine rebounds per game as a senior.

“He can score the ball multiple ways,” Richter said. “He can score down on the blocks. He can score on the perimeter. He can score with a 17-footer. He can score in bunches, and he can really rebound the ball.”

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1

HALLELUJAH!  This is the first non-guard offer that I remember seeing since GM became head coach.  I was beginning to think that we would be running a five guard offense.  

I love the quality of the players offered but I'm counting like 7-8 guard offers vs. one previous forward.  Furthermore, Murphy is only 6'6" and Okpah 6'7.  By the way, anyone heard anything yea or nay about Okpah?

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

On 3/15/2018 at 4:18 PM, GrayEagle said:

HALLELUJAH!  This is the first non-guard offer that I remember seeing since GM became head coach.  I was beginning to think that we would be running a five guard offense.  

I love the quality of the players offered but I'm counting like 7-8 guard offers vs. one previous forward.  Furthermore, Murphy is only 6'6" and Okpah 6'7.  By the way, anyone heard anything yea or nay about Okpah?

Hate to break it to you, but this is a guard offer. When Allante Holston and Mike Miller start at the 4, they are listed as guards. This dude would play 3 here, maybe some 4. Either way he's a perimeter player and Mccasland would list him as a guard, I'm fairly confident.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 2