19' WR Offer: Deonte Simpson, West Brook (Beaumont, TX) - 3-star .8432

• 3 months later...

Currently holds in this order of offers, UNT, Cornell,  Tulsa, Southern Miss, Northwestern, Yale, TX State, Air Force, Lamar, Sam Houston State, ULM, and picked up Tulane yesterday afternoon. Everyone relax.  We will be ok. 🙂 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

Currently holds in this order of offers, UNT, Cornell,  Tulsa, Southern Miss, Northwestern, Yale, TX State, Air Force, Lamar, Sam Houston State, ULM, and picked up Tulane yesterday afternoon. Everyone relax.  We will be ok. 🙂 

I don't get the panicking...compared to last year's at this time  we're ok. The guys we have currently committed would be the best of last year already.

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1

6 minutes ago, greenminer said:

This is a good get.

Still hoping for something similar along the trenches.

Trenches is hard for even the best recruiting g5.. North Texas has done a good job at finding underrated guys and developing. I believe Brammer and Parish on offense and Novil and Shaw will be fan favorites before long 

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 2
  • Downvote 1

28 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

Trenches is hard for even the best recruiting g5.. North Texas has done a good job at finding underrated guys and developing.

We've done a good job finding underrated guys and developing, I just think if we want to start winning CUSA title games and avoiding bowl blowout losses, this is the position we need to start building on.

I agree it's not easy, but I think it's reasonable to expect us to be on par or slightly ahead of our CUSA mates.  If you think it is unreasonable, I'm open to hearing someone explain why.

How have the OL and DL positions compared the last 5 years? - save this last question for another thread.

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, greenminer said:

We've done a good job finding underrated guys and developing, I just think if we want to start winning CUSA title games and avoiding bowl blowout losses, this is the position we need to start building on.

I agree it's not easy, but I think it's reasonable to expect us to be on par or slightly ahead of our CUSA mates.  If you think it is unreasonable, I'm open to hearing someone explain why.

How have the OL and DL positions compared the last 5 years? - save this last question for another thread.

Honestly last year we out performed ourselves. We had no business in the CUSA championship game. But our offense out performed and carried us. Seth has never wanted to take the easy path and get the better kids with less character. He wants to build it right. We can argue it's not the right path or solution. But since taking over it can be said Seth hasn't had a player transfer or suspended that he recruited. He wants the Right character guys and guys that want to be at UNT not last resort or no other options

• Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, TheReal_jayD said:

Honestly last year we out performed ourselves. We had no business in the CUSA championship game. But our offense out performed and carried us. Seth has never wanted to take the easy path and get the better kids with less character. He wants to build it right. We can argue it's not the right path or solution. But since taking over it can be said Seth hasn't had a player transfer or suspended that he recruited. He wants the Right character guys and guys that want to be at UNT not last resort or no other options

Kind of a weird response, like you're suggesting either 1) GreenMiner wants low character guys or, 2) All those 3 star guys we want are low character.  I don't think either of us mean either of those things.

My final thought on this is, if we are content with being top 3 in the west and probably getting blown out by conference and bowl opponents 4 out of 5 years, and maybe winning 10+ games once every decade, then we can be okay with what we're getting.  If we want to be the team that can win the CUSA title AND bowl game 4 out of 5 years, and thus getting T25 votes, I think this is a position we need to improve upon.

Thanks for all of your recruiting insight, @TheReal_jayD

GMG

Edited by greenminer
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...