UNT men face La Tech in 1st round of C-USA tourney

Shark84

I hope our fans are excited about this team. Yes, they stumbled down the stretch, but we're in the tournament. We haven't sniffed the tournament in years. And we're so young to boot. I'm optimistic about the future of this program.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, Hunter Green said:

I hope our fans are excited about this team. Yes, they stumbled down the stretch, but we're in the tournament. We haven't sniffed the tournament in years. And we're so young to boot. I'm optimistic about the future of this program.

NT didn't get into the tourney last year, that is the only CUSA tournament that they didn't qualify.   Getting into the tournament is not much of an accomplishment.   To not get in is very bad.  

Winning 1 out of the last 6 is certainly limping into tournament play.  I think it is a shame because I believe NT could have had a massive home court advantage with a little momentum.   I fear the NT crowd is going to be disappointing now.  

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

NT didn't get into the tourney last year, that is the only CUSA tournament that they didn't qualify.   Getting into the tournament is not much of an accomplishment.   To not get in is very bad.  

Winning 1 out of the last 6 is certainly limping into tournament play.  I think it is a shame because I believe NT could have had a massive home court advantage with a little momentum.   I fear the NT crowd is going to be disappointing now.  

Make it into the semifinals and that will change quickly. 

• Lovely Take 1

39 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

I fear the NT crowd is going to be disappointing now.  

Sadly, agree. That UTEP loss is just a soul crushing thud to end the regular season.  Hope I’m wrong about the NT contingent for the tourney. I’ll be there regardless.

Edited by Green Lantern
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, bstnsportsfan3 said:

anyone know if you can buy single tickets other then the regular ga? only thing offered by the ticket office is the regular ga but i cant do the entire tournament pass

I was told we can by single day tickets at Ford on the day of.

You can buy single session tickets on Ticketmaster as well. 

Here's the link:

https://www1.ticketmaster.com/conference-usa-mens-first-round-session-frisco-texas-03-07-2018/event/0C005431D7A07E64?artistid=2456270&tm_link=tm_homeA_header_search

Use offer Code "NTMen" and the tickets reduce to $15.

Women's session tickets are also $15 under "NTWomen"

• Lovely Take 1

8 hours ago, Hunter Green said:

I was told we can by single day tickets at Ford on the day of.

7 hours ago, BonfireBrian said:

You can buy single session tickets on Ticketmaster as well. 

Here's the link:

https://www1.ticketmaster.com/conference-usa-mens-first-round-session-frisco-texas-03-07-2018/event/0C005431D7A07E64?artistid=2456270&tm_link=tm_homeA_header_search

Use offer Code "NTMen" and the tickets reduce to $15.

Women's session tickets are also $15 under "NTWomen"

Thanks to both of you, but my question is about the seats that are not the GA "football" seating but the seating on the court sidelines. can these be bought as singles?

EDIT: AND IM AN IDIOT BECAUSE THEY HAVE NOW ADDED THIS ON THE LINK

Edited by bstnsportsfan3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, golfingomez said:

any word from McCasland on # of suits?

not to be negative, but he can just drive home and get another one if need be....  Seriously though, do we know if the team is even staying in Frisco?  Wouldn't it make just as much since to bus back to campus after each game and sleep in your own bed?

Edited by GreenN'walinsVet
  • Upvote 2

On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 1:29 PM, GreenN'walinsVet said:

not to be negative, but he can just drive home and get another one if need be....  Seriously though, do we know if the team is even staying in Frisco?  Wouldn't it make just as much since to bus back to campus after each game and sleep in your own bed?

Would depend on the league's contract. Some sites require all teams to be on-site in a contracted hotel until eliminated. Other contracts don't have that provision. The preference of the coach and AD of course would matter as well.

• Upvote 1