DRC: Wednesday spring practice notes, thoughts

Brett Vito

1 hour ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Could be worrisome Preston working at RG, and Mayfield does not get his extra year. Would think/hope Preston gets some time at RT just in case

Doesn't worry me a ton, I'd be good with Murray, Mose, Mose/Barr, Preston, Parish/Anthony.  If they think moving Preston inside helps with run game I'm down to let a young guy go at RT.  If we're running the ball well, then OL pass sets aren't as big of an issue as if we aren't running ball well and all we can do is pass. 

• Lovely Take 1

4 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

Doesn't worry me a ton, I'd be good with Murray, Mose, Mose/Barr, Preston, Parish/Anthony.  If they think moving Preston inside helps with run game I'm down to let a young guy go at RT.  If we're running the ball well, then OL pass sets aren't as big of an issue as if we aren't running ball well and all we can do is pass. 

I feel like Moses could step in at RG quicker than one of the young OTs playing RT.. 

18 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

You left out our best lineman!

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, GMG24 said:

I think I would rather see Murray, Woodworth, Mose, Mose, Preston.  What leads you to believe Parish/Anthony are ready?

15 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

I think I would rather see Murray, Woodworth, Mose, Mose, Preston.  What leads you to believe Parish/Anthony are ready?

You have to hope that Anthony is ready and can be that 3rd tackle is Mayfield is back.. this is going to be year 3 for him. 

9 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

I understand that, but if Mayfield doesn't get his extra year, then I would rather shift Preston to his spot and plug in Barr.

This does not look like it's going to happen.   I don't know if he's just in Langston's/Littrell's doghouse or something, but he's not playing much.

Coach made it sound like he wants Preston at G to take over for Henson.  I assume if that doesn't work, it's Manase Mose's job to lose.   If Mayfield doesn't get his extra year, look for Woodworth to move over to RT... then the battle is for LG.

4 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Either way, I want to see the best 5 on that line.  Anthony has been reported to have potential and Parish has "the build" but is still very light.  

I liked Anthony out of HS and he was hurt his first year so he had limited time this time last year. By  I feel like he may have been viewed as a boom or bust guy, with the potential hope his younger brother would sign with UNT( his brother signed with OSU in February).

Parish needed and needs to put on weight, and vastly improve his technique. He had good foot movement but the kid was and is still likely growing into his body. The last time I saw him, he could still put on a solid amount of weight and be fine.

Its time for Chandler to hopefully step up and I’ll give last years class of OL another year, but they need to be pushing and playing this time next spring