Jump to content
  • Welcome to GoMeanGreen.com!

    Thank you for visiting us!  Registering is easy and free, and provides you with the ability to participate in the discussions along with many cool features and content.

21' QB Offer: Preston Stone, Parish Episcopal Dallas - 5 star .9858


Recommended Posts

  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

Rating is down to .9735, not sure why.  Here is his evaluation.

High-major quarterback prospect with requisite height and frame for the position. Not a towering prospect, but tall enough in the 6-foot-2 range. Lean with frame space to add bulk. Throws with accuracy, as evidenced by 60+ completion percentage in first two varsity seasons. Snappy, quick release with little wasted motion. Varies arm angles as needed. Light on his feet and does a good job extending plays. Finds receivers on the run and throws accurately under duress. Does not tuck and run, but keeps eyes downfield and looks to throw when escaping the pocket. That said, athletic enough to make plays as a runner. Willing to stand and deliver under the gun. Can drop it in the bucket in the vertical game. Initial velocity can improve. Gunslinger's mentality that can lead to unnecessary chances at times. Will face significant jump in competition going from private school in Texas to Power Five level. One of the top 2021 QB's nationally who will likely become a multi-year starter at the high-major level with early-round NFL Draft potential.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

Commits to SMU at the ALL American Bowl on NBC nationally televised..... Yikes 

 

Of Note, Scott Nady was the previous HC at Parish Episcopal School before taking a roll on staff at SMU under Morris.  He stayed because he has a lot of big $$ ties in Dallas and is now their Director of Recruiting.  

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

Commits to SMU at the ALL American Bowl on NBC nationally televised..... Yikes 

 

Of Note, Scott Nady was the previous HC at Parish Episcopal School before taking a roll on staff at SMU under Morris.  He stayed because he has a lot of big $$ ties in Dallas and is now their Director of Recruiting.  

Huge pickup for SMU...

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

That is insane. Can they hold him?

I would assume so.  It's not like he committed and the big offers came later.  He could have gone anywhere in the country and he chose SMU.

I'd hate to say it, but this commit could make SMU a national powerhouse.  Other commits tend to follow major QB commits. 😭

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MGNation92 said:

According to reddit, his dad is an SMU alum/donor, and his brother already plays on the team. Could be big factors in why he chose to stay

He goes to Parish Episcopal. For kids from Parish, Greenhill, Hockaday, Episcopal school of Dallas, Jesuit, Highland Park, etc... going to SMU is part of the culture. They stay in the private school system in college and stay with the same circle of people. This isn't a shot at them or SMU by saying it's part of the culture but they get to go to a school where they know a lot of people, feel comfortable because of the culture, and stay close to home. I'm not surprised he's committed there.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/6/2020 at 3:37 PM, GMG_Dallas said:

He goes to Parish Episcopal. For kids from Parish, Greenhill, Hockaday, Episcopal school of Dallas, Jesuit, Highland Park, etc... going to SMU is part of the culture. They stay in the private school system in college and stay with the same circle of people. This isn't a shot at them or SMU by saying it's part of the culture but they get to go to a school where they know a lot of people, feel comfortable because of the culture, and stay close to home. I'm not surprised he's committed there.

This board needs to start having a bunch of kids, turn them into 5 star recruits, and we will be really good in a couple of decades. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/4/2020 at 6:44 PM, Mean Green 93-98 said:

I would assume so.  It's not like he committed and the big offers came later.  He could have gone anywhere in the country and he chose SMU.

I'd hate to say it, but this commit could make SMU a national powerhouse.  Other commits tend to follow major QB commits. 😭

Where do we get a 5 star recruit that doesn’t care about never being able to play for a national championship?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Please review our full Privacy Policy before using our site.