Now that the Athletic Fee has been set....

GreenN'walinsVet

3 minutes ago, GreenN'walinsVet said:

Now that the AD can start to set their budgets for the coming years, do we see an announcement on the IPF shortly?  Maybe even other projects in the New Master Plan that were slated for short term, such as the Apogee upgrades and such?

Before the upgrades to Apogee, I would like to see that the money is used to fill out the staffs that need it (or use donor money for needed positions with Fee money refilling where donor money was originally). Just looking at the link in another thread about an open AD job, it had multiple jobs open within the AD office.

I would also, like to see the AD office invest heavily into recruiting using different services, and bringing in people,etc and fix the locker-room. The locker-room isn’t a huge thing (nor will it have an impact) but it will show to recruits/players/donors we are looking to fix things and fix them fast, and with the approval of this increase we are doing things other schools can’t do.

4 minutes ago, kj86 said:

I hope that is what happens.  I can't believe they built the athletic center deck to overlook the field and then hid it behind that thing.

Honestly, would love to see the deck expanded some how and connect with Apogee/scoreboard area. And turn the deck into a party deck similar to the tents they had in the endzone.

Or if anything, turn that deck into a larger weight room since the weight room is above the locker room/first floor of the AD Center

Edited by BTG_Fan1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

They do want to move the big vid board and put larger ones in each corner. I don’t think this will  impact construction, this is more for on going operations. Could be wrong. Remember for every dollar raised the university will match! Crap we now have to much money, what to do with it!! GMG 

• Lovely Take 1

1 hour ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Honestly, would love to see the deck expanded some how and connect with Apogee/scoreboard area. And turn the deck into a party deck similar to the tents they had in the endzone.

Or if anything, turn that deck into a larger weight room since the weight room is above the locker room/first floor of the AD Center

You remove the scoreboard and there is room to do both.. have some deck and enlarge the wt area! Would be cool to have a glass wall in the wt area overlooking the stadium!

4 hours ago, Wag Tag said:

You remove the scoreboard and there is room to do both.. have some deck and enlarge the wt area! Would be cool to have a glass wall in the wt area overlooking the stadium!

True but the deck is far from the field and likely wouldn’t be as attractive as the Tent location on the field

• Downvote 2

29 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

True but the deck is far from the field and likely wouldn’t be as attractive as the Tent location on the field

Using the nifty distance measuring tool on google maps:

It's 124 feet from the deck to the back of the end zone.  

My seats are 173 feet from the sideline and the view is great.  

So I would imagine it depends on how high the deck is.  I can't quite remember if it would be the equivalent of 2nd or 3rd story. 

Edited by oldguystudent
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UNT18Grad said:

The #1 thing that should be upgraded is the locker room in my opinion..I know it just went through renovations, but ours is still very much behind what is becoming the status quo in D1.

We shouldn’t be trying to get to Status Quo.. if we are going to upgrade, I want UNT to be the new standard or if anything be in a class/level above who are competing against (LAT, SMU, UTSA, etc) and schools we would like to compete with (UH, TT, etc). 

• Lovely Take 1
  • Confused 1

On 2/20/2018 at 1:42 PM, BTG_Fan1 said:

Believe it was said in the master plan to do away with the big scoreboard and do one in each corner of the stadium similar to the NorthEast scoreboard

On 2/20/2018 at 3:55 PM, Matt from A700 said:

giphy.gif

It is happening. And yeah, I too would rather see priority on upgrading/exceeding expectations on the locker room and weight room.

However, it's certainly not an either/or situation. Each of those projects can happen in tandem.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1