Receiver Transfer?

UNT18Grad

He was Texas’ number 2 receiver this season. He’d sit out a year like the Kansas kid that’s just came in but that’s fine with me if we get 2 good years out of him. Guyton, Bussey, and Lawrence would all be gone by Hemphill-Mapps senior season.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Cr1028 said:

He was Texas’ number 2 receiver this season. He’d sit out a year like the Kansas kid that’s just came in but that’s fine with me if we get 2 good years out of him. Guyton, Bussey, and Lawrence would all be gone by Hemphill-Mapps senior season.

Have to factor in, he would likely eat into playing time for White and Shorter... I get that a rotation would be used, but I don’t know if you wanna limit/handicap them just yet.

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

54 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Have to factor in, he would likely eat into playing time for White and Shorter... I get that a rotation would be used, but I don’t know if you wanna limit/handicap them just yet.

If he came in and was better than White/Shorter, why would you worry about eating into their playing time? Shouldn't you put the best players you have on the field?

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

14 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

This. If a player can help you win, you play him. Period

Not quite that simple but very close.  Don’t get me wrong it would be great to have another weapon for Mason’s senior year.  If he comes on as a walk-on great.  But you need to think about scholarships slots if he isn’t a walk-on.  The Mean Green defense needs front 7 help.  Needing score 38+ a game against G5 opponents to have enough wins to be bowl eligible is not a good posture to be in.  If your defense rarely gets off the field without giving up points that is exactly the position your team will be in.  WR is worthless standing on the sideline while the opponents offense is marching down the field eating clock on the way to 7 points.

Edited by Mike Jackson
  • Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, DentonLurker said:

If he came in and was better than White/Shorter, why would you worry about eating into their playing time? Shouldn't you put the best players you have on the field?

He maybe better than White and a Shorter, but White and Shorter are long term options (4 and 4+ years) for both players. But we have no idea, we should he recruiting transfers on the defensive side of the ball to help this offense. We have 2 years of Fine left and need to be improving the defense to build on our success and we have no idea if the next QB can do what Fine has done.

He would also take up another Scholarship, ontop of Lawrence likely getting a scholarship as well since he is Walkon still. lol 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, laxtonto said:

Hes leaving Austin to get closer to home in Houston for some personal issues. I am not thinking moving to Denton solves that.

Applewhite country. Guess UT did one of their own a solid while freeing up a spot for a Tom Herman recruit. They signed like 27

Edited by Cr1028