Bryce English

El Paso Eagle

5 hours ago, SilverEagle said:

I don't have a good feeling about this. Seems like a much more serious break than was originally reported. Complications?

I believe those "original reports" weren't from the team but fans trying to compare his injury to others.  Hopefully there's been no complications and this is just part of the process. 

58 minutes ago, NorthTexan95 said:

I believe those "original reports" weren't from the team but fans trying to compare his injury to others.  Hopefully there's been no complications and this is just part of the process. 

https://www.foothealthfacts.org/conditions/bone-healing

How Long Does Bone Healing Take? 

Bone generally takes six to 12 weeks to heal to a significant degree. In general, children's bones heal faster than those of adults. The foot and ankle surgeon will determine when the patient is ready to bear weight on the area. This will depend on the location and severity of the fracture, the type of surgical procedure performed and other considerations.

I believe the break was announced a week or two before the season started. That was five months (20 weeks) ago.

Not being critical. But once again, I don't have a good feeling about this.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, SilverEagle said:

I believe the break was announced a week or two before the season started. That was five months (20 weeks) ago.

I agree, but I don't think that article is referencing 5'10" 315 lbs defensive linemen.  I hope they are just being careful at this point and that he will be ready to roll in a month.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SilverEagle said:

Agree with your ominous feelings. The eternal optimist part of me is screaming "Abundance of caution!" in my ear. Maybe the guys calling the shots want to keep him off it as long as possible. Just SWAG.

28 minutes ago, SilverEagle said:

Which is why I have been wanting more DL's (interior)  signed during this recruiting period. 

Or maybe he will see the field and this is why we didn't see more DL's (interior) signed during this recruiting period.

4 hours ago, SilverEagle said:

Which is why I have been wanting more DL's (interior)  signed during this recruiting period. 

Unfortunately, the hardest positions to recruit TX HS recruits for are linemen. And now that this state basically plays glorified 7-on-7 at the HS level, those big dudes are getting harder and harder to find.

4 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

No way this staff isn't for sure he'll play and not get serious about getting a JUCO DT to fill that void. TBH, they should have either way, but if his career is a wrap it will be a monumental mistake not doing so. 

Unless they consulted the team orthopedist. 

46 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

Krasniqi is now gone as well, this is not shaping up the way we hoped. 

Nope. The lack of DL on the roster paired with the lack of what we have coming in for interior DL is concerning. I really don't know what this staff is thinking or doing. The average of average running games we face are going to have heydays vs UNT. 

• Downvote 3