Jump to content
  • Welcome to GoMeanGreen.com!

    Thank you for visiting us!  Registering is easy and free, and provides you with the ability to participate in the discussions along with many cool features and content.

Scotty Conley gets new gig


Marty
 Share

Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, 97and03 said:

Or he did retire and is now earning teachers' pension in Texas while pulling a salary elsewhere. 

I’d imagine this is 100% the case. A lot of folks working for the state (like Rick Perry) “retire” to take their pension and return to work to get a salary on top of it. It’s called double dipping. Scotty just gave himself a raise.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good for Mr. Conley. The free market at work. Gets pension, then Oh, another employer invests in Mr. Conley's skills, talents, and ability. Another source of income for an older individual (and family) with wisdom and plenty of contacts in the HS coaching world in TX.. I'm sure Mr. Conley has a few idea's about how to implement and improve football operations at Ark. St.. You'd have to believe the AD at Ark. St. discussed Mr. Conley's thoughts surrounding football operations at Ark. St. interview process along with Mr. Conley's developed relationships with TX high school coaches.  Of course it will take several years to see how/if Ark. St. recruiting improves within TX.. 

There's not one of us especially older individual's who just fade away in the night just because they lost there job, or separated from an employer. Mr. Conley must have a good/great reputation in some circles since his time between jobs was so brief.

  • Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I suspect most of us will never know why Conley left it could be:

He was terminated, not likely or he would not have another job this quickly.

He found another job and quit.  Not that likely either, why would he prefer Arkansas State?

Most likely guess, from someone who has been on too many of both sides of reorganizations.   He was told he did not fit the current organization and was given a timeframe to find another employer.   

Whatever,  I hope all parties end up better off.   

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, UNT90 said:

“A good man”: UNT code words for sucking ass and not having to actually do what you are paid to do.

well i just knew him when i was an RA at victory hall with in 2010 when he was part of dodge's staff. When i said a "good man" i just mean a nice guy. I don't know a dam thing about what he did or if he was good or bad at his job.

  • Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, bstnsportsfan3 said:

well i just knew him when i was an RA at victory hall with in 2010 when he was part of dodge's staff. When i said a "good man" i just mean a nice guy. I don't know a dam thing about what he did or if he was good or bad at his job.

I had the same impression. At the tonne he was Director of Operations which was probably a better role for him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

As I and many others do as well.  

You support a family scholarship fund, not UNT athletics. By your own report. So I’ll say what I want because I actually have money committed to this program right now. You do not. Which would be fine except for your campaign to silence people who don’t agree with your low standards for UNT.

No money commitment and low standards? Maybe those things aren’t mutually exclusive, eh?

  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

You support a family scholarship fund, not UNT athletics. By your own report. So I’ll say what I want because I actually have money committed to this program right now. You do not. Which would be fine except for your campaign to silence people who don’t agree with your low standards for UNT.

No money commitment and low standards? Maybe those things aren’t mutually exclusive, eh?

Re-read what I posted.  I supported both until last year, when I had to make a decision and chose to support my family's scholarship fund since I live 5 hours away, couldn't make any games and had to make a decision to contribute to one or the other.  I will be contributing to both this year.

I don't have low standards.  My comment was about your classless jab at Conley.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, UNTLifer said:

Re-read what I posted.  I supported both until last year, when I had to make a decision and chose to support my family's scholarship fund since I live 5 hours away, couldn't make any games and had to make a decision to contribute to one or the other.  I will be contributing to both this year.

You don't owe 90 a single oat,

But he very clearly has your goat.

The only winning move is not to play

But you just can't seem to walk away.

You can do it - be the bigger man

There's no way Eminem could have received that tape from Stan. 

  • Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Please review our full Privacy Policy before using our site.