Where North Texas stands in recruiting as National Signing Day approaches

Skipper

No real info unfamiliar to most on the board but I'm sure many readers of the NT Daily haven't seen these kids names before.  I'll always appreciate efforts to grow awareness of the activities of the NT Athletic Dept to those on campus...especially when done this well.

Edited by jdennis82
  • Upvote 7

Honest question for the recruiting people out there.. 

How worried should we be about Shaw right now, for example? 

Im assuming he had a great visit with Yellock and Biagi, but he still hasn’t  visited on campus, I’m guessing? How important is it for a kid to visit before committing? Yes we have had kids commit here without ever visiting, but wondering how much of an impact it truly has on a kid?

• Confused 2

3 hours ago, Sig381 said:

I know stars don’t really matter but the offer list does. But we are starting to fall in the ranking according to 24/7. Looking like we will finish near the bottom of the conference. 

We need a paid site which helps with the ranking system.  SMU just received a commit from a TE out of Friendswood.  Young man has been rated 2 stars all year long, commits to SMU, and lo and behold, he jumps to a three star.

24 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

We need a paid site which helps with the ranking system.  SMU just received a commit from a TE out of Friendswood.  Young man has been rated 2 stars all year long, commits to SMU, and lo and behold, he jumps to a three star.

What’s an example of a paid site? This is news to me. 

Rivals, for instance, has paid/subscription sites for each school.  We, UNT, doesn't have one.  Rivals pays more attention to their "paying customers that to the non-paying hence their recruits tend to get a boost in ratings.  It is what it is.  I love this class, but results down the road always mean more to me.