Hope Y'all are ready to open up your wallets!

MeanGreenTexan

On 1/28/2018 at 10:05 AM, TIgreen01 said:

Based on what?  Last year’s student section attendance was terrible.  It was markedly worse than 2016.  What caused that?  We already don’t have great attendance on the alumni side and this increase has the potential to make it worse.

For those of you poo-poo'ing TIgreen...
See for yourselves:
https://oss.ticketmaster.com/aps/unt/EN/buy/details/18FB

He's absolutely right.   This is risky.

I'm assuming the grayed-out seats on the Alumni side are the ones that were purchased as season tickets last year, awaiting renewals.  My seats are grayed out, even though we haven't renewed.
All of the blue seats are available for season ticket purchase.   I sit in 205.   That section is about 75% available.  My seats aren't even the best available in the section.   

If we were to walk away, and they were to price these at, say $50/seat per game (not likely, since the Army game last year fetched $40/seat in this section... and that was the marquee home game), they'd make $1200 (just barely over what we paid last season). Frankly, they'd never sell all 4 of my seats for all 6 games at $50/seat, so lets say the Mean Green are killing it and maybe they're sold for 4 games (a very gracious #).  Congratulations, you made $800!  $300 less than what I paid for them last year.

It's a risk y'all.   Not everyone who has purchased tickets in these areas are superfans on GMG.com.
If I were a gambling man, I would probably just buy my same seats on a game by game basis... because I'm fairly certain they'd be there.

Maybe y'all care, maybe not, but after chatting with my wife about it, we decided to pull the trigger and keep our seats.  Thankfully, they have the payment plan.   Her final reason?   Not the product on the field, or our actual seats... She likes sitting by our neighbors! @Side Show Joe

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

See for yourselves:

I'm assuming the grayed-out seats on the Alumni side are the ones that were purchased as season tickets last year, awaiting renewals.  My seats are grayed out, even though we haven't renewed.
All of the blue seats are available for season ticket purchase.   I sit in 205.   That section is about 75% available.  My seats aren't even the best available in the section.   

If we were to walk away, and they were to price these at, say $50/seat per game (not likely, since the Army game last year fetched $40/seat in this section... and that was the marquee home game), they'd make $1200 (just barely over what we paid last season). Frankly, they'd never sell all 4 of my seats for all 6 games at $50/seat, so lets say the Mean Green are killing it and maybe they're sold for 4 games (a very gracious #).  Congratulations, you made $800!  $300 less than what I paid for them last year.

It's a risk y'all.   Not everyone who has purchased tickets in these areas are superfans on GMG.com.
If I were a gambling man, I would probably just buy my same seats on a game by game basis... because I'm fairly certain they'd be there.

Maybe y'all care, maybe not, but after chatting with my wife about it, we decided to pull the trigger and keep our seats.  Thankfully, they have the payment plan.   Her final reason?   Not the product on the field, or our actual seats... She likes sitting by our neighbors! @Side Show Joe

Last year, you could get better seats game-by-game. I never paid more than $40 for a ticket last year, and I think the worst section I was in was 206 for the UTEP game. I was mostly in 105 and 205, sometimes as cheap as $20 per game with sales and promos.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, KRAM1 said:

Lot of that has been going on.  The "per seat" donation is really the only fair way to do this thing and I mentioned that when Apogee was first opened.  Told them they were just delaying the inevitable and "kicking the can" down the road for future complaints.  Also told them, why should a guy buying one ticket have to pay the same as the guy buying eight?  Not very fair in my opinion and I mentioned that...to no avail. Plus, the "other" schools I am aware of that have this sort of thing have been doing the "per seat" thing from the beginning.
<snip>

There are innumerable things in this world upon which you and I disagree.  This is not one of them.  I think this is a spot on post.  Well said. 

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

See for yourselves:

Ha! Amanda and I are glad you're family is staying put. We like being by y'all too. We will be renewing our seats as well. I may even add another. I agree, the AD is taking a gamble with this move. I think it could be successful in generating more revenue, but only if our defense improves to a respectable level, we beat SMU, and we return to the C-USA title game.

If we didn't finish the season with blow out losses in back to back games, and have serious concerns about our defense, fans might be less skeptical about this move.

• Upvote 2