Hope Y'all are ready to open up your wallets!

MeanGreenTexan

Just got off the phone with the ticket office because I was hoping to get back on our payment plan for season tickets/MGC donation.

They did not have the renewals ready yet, so I couldn't get started, but I did find out the pricing for 2018's Season Tickets (at least, for my section: 205)

Last year, for 4 seats, we paid $160/seat plus a $250 Mean Green Club donation.

The cost of the seats did not go up much from last year.... $175/seat now.   I certainly don't mind paying $15 more per seat.

However, the one-time $250 Mean Green Club donation no-longer pertains.    That donation is now $150/seat!   

If we keep these 4 seats, our MGC donation more than doubles.

Glad I called now.  That will require considerations... but at least I have some time to get my ducks in a row if we decide to suck it up and pay over $400 more per year for the same seats I've had since Apogee opened.

Curious to see how many are in my same boat, and of those who are... how many are over on the Student Fee Increase Thread with pitchforks out, or the thread encouraging broke college students to pay uber to go pick-up/deliver their groceries for them.   There should be ZERO complaints from those folks.

I suppose it's time to put our big-boy pants on if we want to be "serious".   But I cannot imagine this is going to go over well with many people, and I imagine they will lose some customers.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

New tax law changes will create changes for ticket price structure. A suite was a 50% tax deduction and now it is 0. This past season was the first year all suites were sold. ( oh and I am not a suiter) Don’t know how this will work with the MGM donations for tickets.

Edited by Wag Tag
  • Lovely Take 1

16 minutes ago, All About UNT said:

should note that this is in 205 and 105 and will probably not be the same for those not on the 50 yard line.

Actually,
If the current seating chart holds, this will be true for sections: 205, 208, 103, 104, 106, 107.

I imagine Sections 206, 207 & 105 may be MORE of an increase?   

Surely they're not going to charge the same $150/seat MGC donation for those seats, and only increase those seats by $15/seat?   If so, I need to move over to section 206 or 207... since I'd be paying the same MGC donation anyway.

Previously, it was a $250 MGC donation to sit in the black sections & a $500 MGC donation to sit in the green sections... the actual seats cost the same.

apogeeseatingchart.jpg

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Actually,
If the current seating chart holds, this will be true for sections: 205, 208, 103, 104, 106, 107.

Surely they're not going to charge the same $150/seat MGC donation for those seats, and only increase those seats by $15/seat?   If so, I need to move over to section 206 or 207... since I'd be paying the same MGC donation anyway.

Previously, it was a $250 MGC donation to sit in the black sections & a $500 MGC donation to sit in the green sections... the actual seats cost the same.

apogeeseatingchart.jpg

It is. $200 a seat in 105.

Actually they way they are doing it now makes more sense. It used to be like $250 would get up to 4 seats and then $500 would get up to 8 or something. So depending on how many seats you had it could have been a deal (say 8) or a lot more (say 5) in the same seats.

Per seat makes more sense. Another thing RV did wrong.

Either way though it is going up but it at least makes sense now.

Edited by MeanGreenHoops
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

Nobody wants to pay more....for anything.    But we have got to be realistic here.  We are asking....no, demanding that our AD and staff do better, hire better, win more, build buildings, add baseball....  That money has to come from somewhere.  If you were honest with yourselves, you would realize that we pay very little next to top Universities....or schools we would like to be like.  It may or may not equate here, but my wife is an Alumnus from Alabama.  We have season tickets to both schools, pay pretty much the same in donations to each school each year.  Ticket costs for Alabama are much more that what we pay here at UNT....PLUS, we have Club Seats at UNT, and corner end-zone seat at BAMA.  Our respective club donations are skewed as well.  We pay pretty close to the same, but we are in a much higher status at UNT than Alabama.  I am not trying to equate UNT to Alabama on the athletic level, but we keep insisting we step-up our game......are we willing to step-up our games as alumnus/fans???  I know there is a point to where you say no....but be real with what the product is that you want, with what you are willing to pay for it....  I never hear the BAMA folks complain about tkt prices or club level fees....  Also, student fees for games are much higher there....  We have had it pretty good at good old UNT....but with higher expectations......  Not lecturing here......at what level do you really want to be at???

Oh, I get it.    But a ~140% increase all at once?    Maybe incrementally increase it instead?

• Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, MeanGreenHoops said:

It is. $200 a seat in 105.

Actually they way they are doing it now makes more sense. It used to be like $250 would get up to 4 seats and then $500 would get up to 8 or something. So depending on how many seats you had it could have been a deal (say 8) or a lot more (say 5) in the same seats.

Per seat makes more sense. Another thing RV did wrong.

Either way though it is going up but it at least makes sense now.

Yep.  I had 4 seats.
So if a MGC donation is going to be the same in section 206 VS 205 ($150/seat), I'm just paying $40 more (per seat)... which would be the cost of the chairbacks I'm NOT renewing, then I'm in the wrong section now.   Need to get over to section 206 or 207 for just $160 more.

Or, drop down to the family 4-pack or whatever.

Decisions, decisions.   A $400 price difference is a hefty impact though.   
I would assume the couples that sit around us are only seeing an $80 increase overall, and that's much more manageable.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

18 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Oh, I get it.    But a ~140% increase all at once?    Maybe incrementally increase it instead?

we cover the entire BAMA season by selling all the tkts we don't use....those guys are nuts about their football.  We only make 1 or 2 games in Tuscaloosa, but it is all paid for by the locals.....

• Upvote 2

Just now, MeanGreen_MBA said:

we cover the entire BAMA season by selling all the tkts we don't use....those guys are nuts about their football.  We only make 1 or 2 games in Tuscaloosa, but it is all paid for by the locals.....

Well, those guys don't have any professional football for 100's of miles, and their team is competing for (or winning) National Championships every single year.

Like I said, I agree with raising prices.   And it's going to hit some harder than others (apparently).   
If it were just my wife & I taking on a $80 increase overall, I'd be 100% on board with that.    But my kiddos love NT games just as much (if not more) than we do.  We'll need 4 seats, and that is going to be a huge increase for us.   

I can't imagine we're the only family of 4 affected.

Heck, even if you were one of the ones who had to pay $500 to the MGC for 5 or 6 seats, as @MeanGreenHoops was explaining above, you're still paying $750 or $900 now instead!  That is a huge increase!

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

Very common. My UT buddy does the same. Only makes one game every 2-3 years but doesn't want to lose his spot. 

• Lovely Take 1

Just now, 97and03 said:

Very common. My UT buddy does the same. Only makes one game every 2-3 years but doesn't want to lose his spot. 

Yeah.   This will work well for us!   The demand is just through the roof for Mean Green tickets, just like Longhorn/Crimson Tide tickets.

Do we want to sell out Apogee?   
IMO, such a drastic increase at once is a step in the wrong direction in accomplishing that goal.   Raise seat prices?  Sure!  Raise MGC donations?  Sure!   
...Make a family of 4, 5, 6, (more?) pay a significant amount more than they paid the previous year for the same seats?   You're really pushing the envelope.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Actually,

Sorry I naturally assumed 205 was right above 105.  Didn't know the sections were different like that.

I'm trying to find out how much SMU tickets cost, but not getting much success.  

I did, however, find 2017 pricing for Boise St.  

Ticket price per seat between the 40s-- $390

I don't see ticket pricing for other locations. 

Required contribution per seat:

Between the 40s -- $475

Between 20 and 40 -- $325

Between endzone and 20 -- $240

Endzone -- $75

I've been steeling myself for the possibility that I may get priced out of my own seats that I thought I'd purchased for life at some point.  I won't like it, but it will be what will be, unless we become Ohio St. and my newly expensive seats become a profit generator to sell on third party websites.