‘18 OL/DL Steven Shaw Jr (Manvel)

BTG_Fan1

7 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

It won't. But a team can pull an offer if a kid visits another school. 

...Not without withstanding a serious black eye for pulling a scholarship from a COMMITTED player.

I suppose he took what was given to him.   Hopefully he still comes up for an OV and we flip him.   I'm thinking the DL we offered from Converse Judson is a backfill for Shaw though.

Edited by MeanGreenTexan

20 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

It won't. But a team can pull an offer if a kid visits another school. 

La Tech offered a while ago. So relationships were created. UNT just came in last week. 

But Does LA Tech have anyway of finding out he visited unless he posts something on his twitter?

5 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Yeah, his announced decommitment & commitment to NT!

You are kidding but believe me in years past we would have commits change their minds at the last minute.  I actually remember a QB that we had La Tech got to change his mind on signing day.  That was early in the Dickey regime but I still remember it because it stung!

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

You are kidding but believe me in years past we would have commits change their minds at the last minute.  I actually remember a QB that we had La Tech got to change his mind on signing day.  That was early in the Dickey regime but I still remember it because it stung!

Hey, NSD is 2/7.   He can flip this weekend, 3 days prior!
Wasn't Rod Young's flip from Nevada super-close to signing day (within a week) a couple years ago?

• Lovely Take 1

1 minute ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Hey, NSD is 2/7.   He can flip this weekend, 3 days prior!
Wasn't Rod Young's flip from Nevada super-close to signing day (within a week) a couple years ago?

Yes it has worked in our favor as well lol!  Kevin Moore the RB that was committed to Houston comes to my mind and Tillman Johnson who was a SWT commit to name a few.  This QB I was speaking to did it on signing day though which stings.

I would be whispering in his ear, "Ruston or Denton/DFW?"

50 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

...Not without withstanding a serious black eye for pulling a scholarship from a COMMITTED player.

I suppose he took what was given to him.   Hopefully he still comes up for an OV and we flip him.   I'm thinking the DL we offered from Converse Judson is a backfill for Shaw though.

The kid from Converse would be a solid addition because of his size, which is greatly needed.. I would take him and Shaw and scrap the JUCO Tackle or HS kicker.. 

• Lovely Take 1

39 minutes ago, Harry said:

do you happen to remember which QB that was?