Desoto HC resigns

BTG_Fan1

11 hours ago, Cooley said:

The community overwhelmingly supported this coach

No support from the school board which represents the community. You win a state championship then they talk about firing you and take 2 weeks to decide! Coach deserves better. Class act best of luck!

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Graddean said:

He wins a state championship and then talk of firing him.  I would do a lot of digging before I hire him.

A lot of people were saying it was because he was white, and the school board did not think having a white head coach in a predominantly black community was good for the school.

It was pretty much shut down when damn near every black player/parent(including famous alumni) came out in support of Peterman.

• Lovely Take 2

33 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

A lot of people were saying it was because he was white, and the school board did not think having a white head coach in a predominantly black community was good for the school.

It was pretty much shut down when damn near every black player/parent(including famous alumni) came out in support of Peterman.

I hate when "Politics" rears its ugly head into sports no matter what sport/age/location. I know it will never go away but I dont give a rip if a coach/player is turquoise, if they can play/coach then they have a job/spot in the program/team.

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1

2 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

My question is.. the NCAA passed that ruling last year you could recruit a kid from a HS if the coach joined the staff in a non-on field position.. would be that be valid for a HS relations position?

He isn't employed by anyone.., he resigned 

On 1/19/2018 at 9:42 AM, MGNation92 said:

That would be classic "reverse discrimination" wouldn't it?

• Lovely Take 1

4 minutes ago, shootermcgavin44 said:

130k + for a top 6A program in DFW 

Administrators say the pool of qualified candidates for head coaches, many of whom are also the athletic coordinators at their campuses, is smaller than the pool of qualified teachers. That drives up the cost for top talent.

“Right now, if I need a third-grade teacher, if I go to HR, I probably have 400 applications on file for people who want to be a third-grade teacher,” said superintendent Tom Leonard of the Eanes school district, where Austin Westlake coach Todd Dodge earns $131,600.

“And I’m not against third-grade teachers. I want to go on record and say that we need to pay teachers more money throughout the state of Texas. But if I need a principal or an AD, my numbers go down significantly, because there’s just not as many people in that pool.”

Dodge is one of 28 coaches in the state who earns more than $120,000 and one of five who earns $130,000 or more. He won four state titles at Southlake Carroll from 2002-06, leading the Dragons to a 79-1 record.