FAU's new OC - 24 year old, Charlie Weiss Jr.

MeanGreen_ATX

Just now, MeanGreen_ATX said:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Charlie Weis Jr., who was 11 when his dad was hired as head coach of Notre Dame, will now be the offensive coordinator for FAU at 24. <a href="https://t.co/ic6py4yaMa">pic.twitter.com/ic6py4yaMa</a></p>&mdash; Darren Rovell (@darrenrovell) <a href="https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/953654818681294848?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 17, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

They do know how to bring in big names at FAU... Can this kid actually coach like dad?

• Haha 1

If yall think this kid is going to call any plays you're crazy.  Kiffin just learned from the fastest offensive system out there, incorporated his run schemes into the system, let baby Bryles leave to go back to TX after he spent a year learning ins and outs of this system.  

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, forevereagle said:

Maybe Kiffin sees himself in this guy. Well known coach father trying to make his own way. I don't understand this move, but whatever, not happening here so not a big deal to me.

Must be something like that. I mean all his coordinatorss at FAU have been coaches sons.

I do wonder what his reputation among coaching circles is right now. I mean given last year, there should be lots of young up and comers thinking that a year or two under him could get them a big promotion and he should be able to pick from them... but then there are the stints at UT and USC, maybe even Bama where I have no idea what impression other coaches were left with.

• Upvote 1

I think this is going to blow up in Kiffins face.  Awesome, that means we might get the championship game in Apogee this December!  

Briles had skins on his wall and is in his way up regardless of genetics.  I’m about second chances and watch Houston rise back up and pound on that Big 12 door again.  

When Fau stumbles you can point right to this young man - fair or not it just reeks of Kiffin being afraid of having strength and experience around him.  

The door has been propped open.  

Go Mean Green!!!!!!

21 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Paging @FAU Connoisseur

Happy with this replacement for Kendall?

I trust Kiffin, kid has credentials.  He was an analyst at Alabama with Kiffin.  Kiffin hired him last year as TE coach, but then he got hired to be an assistant coach with the Falcons.  I met him last year at a cocktail party (not sure he was drinking) at the presidents mansion.  He was one of those people that after you talk to you just leave impressed.  We were disappointed he went to the Falcons last year.  Everything I read is he has an offensive mind that exceeds his years.  I think it is obvious that Kiffin will be heavily mentoring him, but I am pretty sure Weis will be calling the plays.  Very mature for his age, already married.