President prefers Norwegian immigrants

I agree with Rick & Bill that our immigration policy should be based on constitutional laws.  I just happen to believe that those laws should be written & enforced with a sense of compassion and understanding.  There should be no place for xenophobia or racism.

• Upvote 3

On 1/20/2018 at 6:25 PM, FirefightnRick said:

January 23, 1995.

"We are a nation of immigrants, but we are also a nation of laws.   It is wrong and ultimately self defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years...and we must do more to stop it!"-Bill Clinton.

The Democratic party still had a large blue collar voter base back then... Since they've alienated that group they need a new one, thus the pivot.

• Upvote 5
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 2

• 5 months later...

--Well that just messed with a lot of medical doctor's lives that we now have.  They have families in those situations. This guy doesn't think things through thoroughly..... before he acts or says things. . Besides nearly all these mass shootings do not have people that fit this description either. Maybe we should be much more careful with these groups ... but a ban.???  He is just trying to appeal to certain people. 

Interesting ... 16 of the 19 involved in 9-11 were from Saudi Arabia which IS NOT included inthe ban nor would the two men involved in the Boston Marathon bombings.  

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66
  • Upvote 1

FFR--- You did it again just UNT90 as constantly did .. I am entitled an opinion or in this case a true statement ... Maybe you do not have any doctors there that are Islamic or Buddhist ... we do, some have kids in my wife's Latin classes. . I KNOW some that travel back to their country once in a while or have relatives visit.  ....

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, SCREAMING EAGLE-66 said:

FFR--- You did it again just UNT90 as constantly did .. I am entitled an opinion or in this case a true statement ... Maybe you do not have any doctors there that are Islamic or Buddhist ... we do, some have kids in my wife's Latin classes. . I KNOW some that travel back to their country once in a while or have relatives visit.  ....

Nah, you do it to yourself,...just like ScreamingEagle66 always does, stretching one thing from another based on leftist emotion instead of facts and logic.

The Trump travel ban doesn't ban Muslims or Buddhist.  It upholds and enforces visa application requirements from Syria, Sudan, Somalia, Libya, Iran and Yemen in an attempt to keep our country safer.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 5

10 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

Nah, you do it to yourself,...just like ScreamingEagle66 always does, stretching one thing from another based on leftist emotion instead of facts and logic.

The Trump travel ban doesn't ban Muslims or Buddhist.  It upholds and enforces visa application requirements from Syria, Sudan, Somalia, Libya, Iran and Yemen in an attempt to keep our country safer.

Rick

To add to Rick's statement,

These countries only comprise of 8% of the world's Muslim population. If Trump was trying to actually ban Muslims, he's doing a real bad job of it.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

--- Part of what I way TRYING to get across is that ... Saudi Arabia provided 16 of 19 terrorists in 9-11 ...not on the list..   The Boston bombing was done by two guys not from any of those countries thus .. not on the list.  .... A friend of mine lost his son ( and former Nebraska football player) to a bombing in another country ... an  eastern Asian country ... not on the list. .... Nearly all the mass shooting in the USA don't even involve any Islamics but home grown people...  Yes we do need to be extra careful with people from the list but with some others also.

---Sorry to  FFR who loves to try to "bully" me... I do know some Medical people from those countries that practice here in Midland  (true) their kids are in my wifes' classes and I see them regularly ...  I also teach college math classes and sometime have students from some  those places who work in the oil industry ... the most notable were two who had fled for their lives after Saddam was overthrown and the rabid Islamics took control of that region.. We had a long conversation after class a couple times about "things".  FFR we do have freedom speech in America and on this board... and I can't think of anything I have done to disrespect yo except complain about your trolling of me.  Years ago at a couple of football I talked with you some (before this) and no disrespect was shown by either of us. Why do you do this..??  ... Plus I am nothing like you or UNT90 have tried to picture me.  ... True,  I do not like Trump ... I do not like people who lie a lot and call people "bully" names  (Little Rubio, etc. ) . Can't trust those people. As for Bush ... wasn't  about him ... he lived close to me in Midland ... just thought his decision in invade Iraq was bad ... and turns out there were no nukes..... again Cheney was lying like crazy about knowing where they were... lying matters and American soldiers died because of that and the situation in the region is now worse.  

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Downvote 2

10 hours ago, SCREAMING EAGLE-66 said:

--- Part of what I way TRYING to get across is that ... Saudi Arabia provided 16 of 19 terrorists in 9-11 ...not on the list..   The Boston bombing was done by two guys not from any of those countries thus .. not on the list.  .... A friend of mine lost his son ( and former Nebraska football player) to a bombing in another country ... an  eastern Asian country ... not on the list. .... Nearly all the mass shooting in the USA don't even involve any Islamics but home grown people...  Yes we do need to be extra careful with people from the list but with some others also.

---Sorry to  FFR who loves to try to "bully" me... I do know some Medical people from those countries that practice here in Midland  (true) their kids are in my wifes' classes and I see them regularly ...  I also teach college math classes and sometime have students from some  those places who work in the oil industry ... the most notable were two who had fled for their lives after Saddam was overthrown and the rabid Islamics took control of that region.. We had a long conversation after class a couple times about "things".  FFR we do have freedom speech in America and on this board... and I can't think of anything I have done to disrespect yo except complain about your trolling of me.  Years ago at a couple of football I talked with you some (before this) and no disrespect was shown by either of us. Why do you do this..??  ... Plus I am nothing like you or UNT90 have tried to picture me.  ... True,  I do not like Trump ... I do not like people who lie a lot and call people "bully" names  (Little Rubio, etc. ) . Can't trust those people. As for Bush ... wasn't  about him ... he lived close to me in Midland ... just thought his decision in invade Iraq was bad ... and turns out there were no nukes..... again Cheney was lying like crazy about knowing where they were... lying matters and American soldiers died because of that and the situation in the region is now worse.  

Back to Bush eh?  An amazing full circle.

And lying matters?.  Do you mean lying such as... "If you like your doctor/health plan...you can keep your doctor/health plan"?...or...."there was a violent protest outside of our embassy– –sparked by this hateful video."?  

But not a word from you about that kind of lying?  Why is that?

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 5

Doctors .. wasn't a lie .. some doctors opted out ...none of mine did ..  You need to go back and read the FINAL opinions about Benghazi... wasn't what some claimed at the time happened.  neither side was exactly correct and in the chaos of protests in EGYPT and LIBYA at the same time  .. they (both political parties) got things wrong... ... However more embassy people died during Bush administration than Obama's.  He wasn't at fault and neither was Obama.. 18 died during a Yemen terrorist raid during W. Bush administration also 9 in a Saudi Arabian one.  ... (again I am not blaming him) ... Read ... I will give you the benefit of not knowing and not just making up facts. ... Those were not the only times or administration bad things have happened to embassy personnel......  I don't make up facts.     Lot of countries there not on the list.. that have terrorism people.  They too need careful examination but not total exclusion.  -- I am sure Fox  did not stress those during the Bush era as they the Obama ones... and should not have blamed either President or administration. ..Don't be gullible. .. 

.My friend lost his son Oct 12, 2002 in Bali, Indonesia (Bush era and on the list) the same night the embassy there was bombed, not killed there but nearby.  It is listed but  no one was killed at the embassy.. just  the other nearby  locations.  He was an oil company employee. . 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attacks_on_U.S._diplomatic_facilities 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

22 hours ago, SCREAMING EAGLE-66 said:

---Sorry to  FFR who loves to try to "bully" me... I do know some Medical people from those countries that practice here in Midland  (true) their kids are in my wifes' classes and I see them regularly ...  I also teach college math classes and sometime have students from some  those places who work in the oil industry ... the most notable were two who had fled for their lives after Saddam was overthrown and the rabid Islamics took control of that region..   

This isn't a Muslim ban, as many are trying to portray, but a ban on people travelling from countries that don't require proper documentation, or do a poor job of reviewing documentation.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38781302

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

This isn't a Muslim ban, as many are trying to portray, but a ban on people travelling from countries that don't require proper documentation, or do a poor job of reviewing documentation.

Save your strength dude.  It's like arguing with a child, only worse because a child doesn't scream "bullying" every time he's proven wrong.

RicK

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 7

8 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

First off kudos for reading the BBC as an unbiased news source.  The more people that move away from Fox and MSNBC the faster we can heal what divides us.  Second I read that article and did not see what you mentioned.  Did I skip over it?  

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, HoustonEagle said:

First off kudos for reading the BBC as an unbiased news source.  The more people that move away from Fox and MSNBC the faster we can heal what divides us.  Second I read that article and did not see what you mentioned.  Did I skip over it?  

Fake news. Nothing to see here. Hahahahaha.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, HoustonEagle said:

There is a part in bold that says full text.  This is the link.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/presidential-actions/executive-order-protecting-nation-foreign-terrorist-entry-united-states/

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2