James Madison not moving up to FBS

The highlight of the article was JMU’s head Coach stating that they wouldn’t be moving up to the FBS level unless given a perfect opportunity. He then goes on to say that the FCS Playoffs are better than any mid-major bowl anyway. An interesting statement. Does C-USA have a future and should North Texas be a part of it? 

http://pilotonline.com/sports/college/elsewhere/article_b0a126b4-e374-5b05-8f2b-1900ecc0d63e.html

Edited by Salsa_Verde

2 hours ago, Salsa_Verde said:

Does C-USA have a future and should North Texas be a part of it? 

Good article.

The future of cUSA is as a destination for Sun Belt teams.  That will continue until the Sun Belt is no more & the cUSA becomes the new, and unimproved, Sun Belt.  The future of UNT is the MWC, unless our Athletic Director manages to get us in a new conference with Liberty, Bob Jones, Oral Roberts, & Patriot Bible College.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • Downvote 3

9 minutes ago, GTWT said:

The future of UNT is the MWC

I’m a fan of moving to the MWC, although I think I’m in the minority.  I honestly see it as the only logical move, unless completely new conferences are made in the aftermath of the next round of realignments. UCF and USF are agitating to get into the Big 12....other schools are maneuvering as well or are contemplating moving up to FBS. This is a critical time for North Texas athletics as a whole. All programs need to perform well in order for North Texas to have any leverage in future realignment.

16 minutes ago, GTWT said:

Good article.

The future of cUSA is as a destination for Sun Belt teams.  That will continue until the Sun Belt is no more & the cUSA becomes the new, and unimproved, Sun Belt.  The future of UNT is the MWC, unless our Athletic Director manages to get us in a new conference with Liberty, Bob Jones, Oral Roberts, & Patriot Bible College.

I'll take AAC too (not going to happen because of SMU's presence), but yes, I think the MWC is a more realistic move up.

giphy.gif

• Lovely Take 1