DRC: UNT football notes -- Army series note

Brett Vito

1 hour ago, Mike Jackson said:

Kind of wish these games were scheduled earlier.

It is strange. Like the Tech series. Those seem like they are super far out. They always get moved too. We might not be in the same conference by then. I hope the one series that always continues is SMU. It's good for both schools and like a home game. I wish we could get Houston too because of recruiting in the Houston area.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, UNTexas said:

It is strange. Like the Tech series. Those seem like they are super far out. They always get moved too. We might not be in the same conference by then. I hope the one series that always continues is SMU. It's good for both schools and like a home game. I wish we could get Houston too because of recruiting in the Houston area.

we have a home and away scheduled with Houston.  I forget the dates.  

7 minutes ago, HoustonEagle said:

we have a home and away scheduled with Houston.  I forget the dates.  

Houston is scheduled to come to Apogee on Sept. 28th 2019 and North Texas plays in Houston the following season. 

-GMG

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa/conf-usa/north-texas-mean-green.php

• Thanks 1

On 1/11/2018 at 12:15 PM, wardly said:

Most UNT OOC football games are scheduled 10+ years out.

Fixed.

FAU has open spots on the OOC schedule in 2019 and 2020.

FIU has an open spot NEXT YEAR, two open spots in 2019 and 2020, three open spots in 2021, and only one game scheduled (Indiana in 2024) after that. 

La Tech has 2 games open in 2020, one game open in 2021, two games open in 2022 and 2023, and nothing scheduled after that.

UTSA has one game open in 2019, 2020, and 2021. They have two games open in 2022, 2023, and 2024. They have only one game scheduled in 2026 and nothing after.

I could go on and on, but hopefully you get the point that UNT isn’t the norm when it comes to scheduling football games. Then again, when have they ever been?

UNT? Full schedules through 2026 with the exception of one game open in both 2023 and 2024.

Talk about a lack of flexibility. It’s like the AD thinks college football will never change, and in particular that UNT’s place in college football will never change. That should be disheartening to all fans.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 8

24 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Fixed.

FAU has open spots on the OOC schedule in 2019 and 2020.

FIU has an open spot NEXT YEAR, two open spots in 2019 and 2020, three open spots in 2021, and only one game scheduled (Indiana in 2024) after that. 

La Tech has 2 games open in 2020, one game open in 2021, two games open in 2022 and 2023, and nothing scheduled after that.

UTSA has one game open in 2019, 2020, and 2021. They have two games open in 2022, 2023, and 2024. They have only one game scheduled in 2026 and nothing after.

I could go on and on, but hopefully you get the point that UNT isn’t the norm when it comes to scheduling football games. Then again, when have they ever been?

UNT? Full schedules through 2026 with the exception of one game open in both 2023 and 2024.

Talk about a lack of flexibility. It’s like the AD thinks college football will never change, and in particular that UNT’s place in college football will never change. That should be disheartening to all fans.

You didn't like scheduling in past because didn't get more interesting teams coming to Apogee, we weren't getting home and homes like other schools you liked to reference.  Now we have home and homes with Cal, Memphis, Houston, Texas Tech.  So now you complain because we scheduled out into the future and got those?    You might want to also provide the full truth of the picture.  For example, on FAU you conveniently left out that they are full for 2021,  So in reality over the 4 year period of 2018-2021 the difference of 2 games.  We have full schedule they are looking for 2 more games OVER THE NEXT 4 YEARS.

And, what is the amazing flexibility  going to buy us?  Why should we wait around and pick up 1 off games at the last minute?  

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, meangreanmick said:

You didn't like scheduling in past because didn't get more interesting teams coming to Apogee, we weren't getting home and homes like other schools you liked to reference.  Now we have home and homes with Cal, Memphis, Houston, Texas Tech.  So now you complain because we scheduled out into the future and got those?    You might want to also provide the full truth of the picture.  For example, on FAU you conveniently left out that they are full for 2021,  So in reality over the 4 year period of 2018-2021 the difference of 2 games.  We have full schedule they are looking for 2 more games OVER THE NEXT 4 YEARS.

And, what is the amazing flexibility  going to buy us?  Why should we wait around and pick up 1 off games at the last minute?  

See, you consider Houston and Memphis “marque” games. I consider them no better than a La Tech game. Because they aren’t. Not to the potential fans this program should be trying to reach. 

Tech is in 20 freaking 27. Great chance that game never happens. California is a good scheduling get, something that should be the norm, not something that proves Baker is some kind of scheduling genius. Every other team in our own conference has these types of games scheduled, but because standards have been so GD low here for so long, it’s considered some type of grand get.

A lot of changes are coming to college football. It appears UNT is content to just accept their lot. Some things never change.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 8

13 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

See, you consider Houston and Memphis “marque” games. I consider them no better than a La Tech game. Because they aren’t. Not to the potential fans this program should be trying to reach. 

Tech is in 20 freaking 27. Great chance that game never happens. California is a good scheduling get, something that should be the norm, not something that proves Baker is some kind of scheduling genius. Every other team in our own conference has these types of games scheduled, but because standards have been so GD low here for so long, it’s considered some type of grand get.

A lot of changes are coming to college football. It appears UNT is content to just accept their lot. Some things never change.

so, TCU kicked you off their board already......SHOCKED I tell you, SHOCKED!!!!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

52 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Marquee is your word, not mine, but then you like to adjust the truth to fit you warped view (we aren't fully scheduled thru 2026 as you say since in 2026 we have only 1 OOC scheduled).  I do view it as an improvement.  Unlike yourself apparently, I view improvements as a good thing and a step in the right direction. Houston & Memphis are schools people have heard of from a football perspective and who have had success and we should expect good home crowds for those games at home. I like where were our AD is headed with scheduling, considering especially what he was handed to deal with when he walked in several years ago.  

If our OOC was one shitbird, an attractive couple of non P5 teams, and one P5 team, getting home and home with those each year then I would consider that a good OOC schedule for us.  Alabama has Louisville, Ark State, ULL and Citadel next year  - and that is not an unusual year of OOC for them.   Your beloved TCU has Southern, SMU and Ohio State.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, UNT90 said:

1000% agreed

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

18 minutes ago, meangreanmick said:

Marquee is your word, not mine, but then you like to adjust the truth to fit you warped view (we aren't fully scheduled thru 2026 as you say since in 2026 we have only 1 OOC scheduled).  I do view it as an improvement.  Unlike yourself apparently, I view improvements as a good thing and a step in the right direction. Houston & Memphis are schools people have heard of from a football perspective and who have had success and we should expect good home crowds for those games at home. I like where were our AD is headed with scheduling, considering especially what he was handed to deal with when he walked in several years ago.  

If our OOC was one shitbird, an attractive couple of non P5 teams, and one P5 team, getting home and home with those each year then I would consider that a good OOC schedule for us.  Alabama has Louisville, Ark State, ULL and Citadel next year  - and that is not an unusual year of OOC for them.   Your beloved TCU has Southern, SMU and Ohio State.

Memphis and UH are not programs that will be bring fans that are on the fence out of the woodwork. They are solid programs that the informed college Likely knows but not many average joes know..

we can say oh UH was the biggest crowd at Apogee, but it was the first game ever.. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 6

22 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Memphis and UH are not programs that will be bring fans that are on the fence out of the woodwork. They are solid programs that the informed college Likely knows but not many average joes know..

we can say oh UH was the biggest crowd at Apogee, but it was the first game ever.. 

Are you seriously saying the "average joe" football fan in Texas will not know UH?    I certainly wouldn't call that person an "average joe".

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Are you seriously saying the "average joe" football fan in Texas will not know UH?    I certainly wouldn't call that person an "average joe".

UH gets a boost because they are a TX school, but look at the downturn in the program after Herman.. if they decline again this up coming year it will be a flash in the pan for the program and be a less than sexy match up in terms of a “big name” program. We view UH as bigger than they are because of the recent history as well.

I’m sorry but I would rather see us play someome like Kansas, Iowa State, Vandy, than UH because they are lower level P5 that are likely as good as UH in most cases. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

but look at the downturn in the program after Herman

Going from 9-4 to 7-5 is going to cause people to forget a former SWC member in one year? Don't forget they were pretty good before Herman even got there going 13-1 in 2011 and having only one season below 7 wins since. 

Both UH and Memphis are exactly the kind of teams we should be getting home and home's with. 

• Lovely Take 1

28 minutes ago, VideoEagle said:

Going from 9-4 to 7-5 is going to cause people to forget a former SWC member in one year? Don't forget they were pretty good before Herman even got there going 13-1 in 2011 and having only one season below 7 wins since. 

Both UH and Memphis are exactly the kind of teams we should be getting home and home's with. 

You keep talking about the SWC but current students have no idea about the SWC nor do most fans that in their mid 30s.. 

The good old days of the SWC if for the older individuals that UNT doesn’t need to target.. UNT needs to be targeting recent alumni..

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

You keep talking about the SWC but current students have no idea about the SWC nor do most fans that in their mid 30s.. 

The good old days of the SWC if for the older individuals that UNT doesn’t need to target.. UNT needs to be targeting recent alumni..

Ok, let me rephrase. 

Going from 9-4 to 7-5 is going to cause people to forget a decade of success in one year? Don't forget they were pretty good before Herman even got there going 13-1 in 2011 and having only one season below 7 wins since. 

Both UH and Memphis are exactly the kind of teams we should be getting home and home's with because both have had the recent years of success our young alums want. Anyone who in DFW who hasn't heard of them isn't someone who watches college football and isn't going to come to our games no matter whom we play.

22 hours ago, meangreanmick said:

Apparently you haven’t heard that TCU joined the Big 12. A little behind your college football studies? That means home games every other year with Texas, Oklahoma, Tech, Ok St, etc... 

Get it? 

When you use a P5’s home schedule to justify UNT’s home schedule, you should realize you are on the losing end of the argument.

But, by all means, rah rah rah, sis boom bah.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 7

4 hours ago, UNT90 said:

Apparently you haven’t heard that TCU joined the Big 12. A little behind your college football studies? That means home games every other year with Texas, Oklahoma, Tech, Ok St, etc... 

Get it? 

When you use a P5’s home schedule to justify UNT’s home schedule, you should realize you are on the losing end of the argument.

Maybe you can publish The UNT90 Manifesto on how North Texas is supposed to run its football program and how us lowly, uneduated fans should think.  That way the AD and all of us morons who are just happy settling and don't know anything about anything can be more like you.

If I have this right, when it suits UNT90 best, North Texas should act like a P5 and compare itself to a P5.  But when it suits UNT90 otherwise (apparently scheduling), North Texas SHOULD NOT compare itself to a P5 as its standard (per your last response).   Can you confirm this in your soon to be published manifesto for the lowly, uneducated North Texas football fan.

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 3
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, UNT90 said:

Get it? 

the positive of all this posting that your doing is that crime must be very slow over there in Tarrant County, and you have nothing else to do.  I have to admit, I have missed you.  With all the drinking R.V. and I are doing these days, when you combine that with your post, I can't keep myself posted up on the bar stool from laughing so hard.  These clowns haven't figured out that your 85% stich with a big heart.  time for a reprise.....

rah rah rah, sis boom bah....SINGING GLORY TO THE GREEN, SINGING GLORY TO THE WHITE

#itsallajoke

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 3
  • Downvote 1