DRC: UNT announces Choice as RBs coach

Brett Vito

Just thought I would mention, Coach Choice posted the video below. The video was retweeted by rapper T.I. so it's posted on T.I.'s official page and available to his 8.2 million followers.

It was also retweeted by several NFL players. The ones I could find are Andy Levitre (OL, Falcons), Fred Jackson (RB, Bills for 8 years, now free agent), Brandon Boykin (CB, Ravens), CJ Spiller (RB, Chiefs) and NBA player Thaddeus Young (Pacers). Just thought I would mention it since it's quite a bit of publicity for UNT. All of these guys have pretty strong Twitter followings. 

This may not mean much to most of you, but any recruit or fan stumbling onto their pages will see UNT there.

Edited by GMG_Dallas
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

Just thought I would mention, Coach Choice posted the video below. The video was retweeted by rapper T.I. so it's posted on T.I.'s official page and available to his 8.2 million followers.

It was also retweeted by several NFL players. The ones I could find are Andy Levitre (OL, Falcons), Fred Jackson (RB, Bills for 8 years, now free agent), Brandon Boykin (CB, Ravens), CJ Spiller (RB, Chiefs) and NBA player Thaddeus Young (Pacers). Just thought I would mention it since it's quite a bit of publicity for UNT. All of these guys have pretty strong Twitter followings. 

This may not mean much to most of you, but any recruit or fan stumbling onto their pages will see UNT there.

With those kinds of connections, it would be amazing if UNT could find a way to run a camp with former NFL players coming in and for it to coach up kids and hopefully allow for us to get 1 or 2 kids we didn’t expect, similar to the camp we did with OU/Rice over the summer. It was a huge $ thing as well for the program.

27 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

With those kinds of connections, it would be amazing if UNT could find a way to run a camp with former NFL players coming in and for it to coach up kids and hopefully allow for us to get 1 or 2 kids we didn’t expect, similar to the camp we did with OU/Rice over the summer. It was a huge $ thing as well for the program.

I'm going to take a wild guess and say we aren't the only school with a coach that has decent connections but it's nice to see us join the party. If he can pull off something like that, let's do it.

I think his youth (33) sets him apart from the others a bit so it'll be interesting to see how he uses that. Overall, we seem to have a young and energetic staff who players are excited to play for once they decide to come here. Quite the 180 from where we were 2-3 years ago.

25 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

I'm going to take a wild guess and say we aren't the only school with a coach that has decent connections but it's nice to see us join the party. If he can pull off something like that, let's do it.

I think his youth (33) sets him apart from the others a bit so it'll be interesting to see how he uses that. Overall, we seem to have a young and energetic staff who players are excited to play for once they decide to come here. Quite the 180 from where we were 2-3 years ago.

We aren’t the only one, but this is a time we can capitalize on something.. and get the UNT brand out there for recruiting as well.

• Upvote 1