Football Banquet?

trud1966

On 1/2/2018 at 2:28 PM, BTG_Fan1 said:

Yes they do them.. The players posted up images of them all dressed up before the start of last years.. 

I have no idea if its open to the public though

that's a new event though (i think last year was the first year), called the scrappy's or something.  i believe there was something else for alumni/boosters back in the day.

On 1/3/2018 at 2:58 PM, Green Crazy said:

that's a new event though (i think last year was the first year), called the scrappy's or something.  i believe there was something else for alumni/boosters back in the day.

Yeah.  I think that may have been an all UNT athletics awards event if I remember correctly.

I  don't get it, it was a lot of fun back in the day...Because especially after a really successful year, they could EASILY sell out tickets/tables @ $75 per ticket and get 400 people on the floor of the colosseum = $30K Gross.   Seems like an easy fundraiser...

6 hours ago, trud1966 said:

I  don't get it, it was a lot of fun back in the day...Because especially after a really successful year, they could EASILY sell out tickets/tables @ $75 per ticket and get 400 people on the floor of the colosseum = $30K Gross.   Seems like an easy fundraiser...

Send it into WB.. I’d even suggest a thread with some generic ideas (table size, price, time/date,etc) and email it into him..

The Department can use the cash

When Darrell was coaching I reached out to Hank to see what I could to support the program. The result was the football banquet which I sponsored thru my company, Zimmer-White. It quickly out grew our humble beginnings and The Outback became its sponsor. The banquet was very popular with alumni, and well attended. However, for some reason coach Mac decided to eliminate alumni participation, and I don't know if it continued for "players only" or not. We also had a basketball banquet during J.J.'s tenure, but it bit the bisque as well.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, wardly said:

When Darrell was coaching I reached out to Hank to see what I could to support the program. The result was the football banquet which I sponsored thru my company, Zimmer-White. It quickly out grew our humble beginnings and The Outback became its sponsor. The banquet was very popular with alumni, and well attended. However, for some reason coach Mac decided to eliminate alumni participation, and I don't know if it continued for "players only" or not. We also had a basketball banquet during J.J.'s tenure, but it bit the bisque as well.

Even better.. @trud1966 email hank and hopefully we can have a list pre-made with an idea of #s of people.. 

4 minutes ago, wardly said:

I assume banquets with alumni participation went the way of letter jackets.

Well Hank had a role in it in the pass apparently and he would be a good contact to have to at least find out who to contact now. 

If anything, just having the numbers in terms of fans interested, and it being sent to Hank would likely lead to it being brought up to WB.