NMSU

NT91

It was an interesting game.After kicking a field goal,NMSU gave up a 98 yard td return. Utah State then kicked off to NMSU and they  scored on a 100 yard td return.I had never seen back to back td returns before.Utah State's kicker had only missed 2 field goals all season but missed 4 against NMSU. The stars aligned .

2 hours ago, Texas Stranger said:

Weren't there back-to-back kickoff returns in the Kansas St game at Fouts in 2010?  I remember Chancellor returning a kickoff and then K St returning the following kickoff for a TD

Note "I have seen".I don't know about the  2010 game, as I have a hard time remembering this season's.

1 hour ago, oldguystudent said:

Good win, NMSU, now GTFO! 

Sincerely,

Karl Benson, destroyer of conferences, esquire

That one isn't on Benson.

The league gave Idaho and NMSU four year football only contracts and was unanimous that they didn't want to extend football only memberships past that point.

NMSU was a considered for full membership and by rumor received a majority vote of the 11 members but fell short of the 9 needed to be admitted. Arkansas State was a big advocate for full NMSU membership.

What I find interesting about NMSU is every time they've had a choice of affiliating with schools to their east vs schools to their west, they've chosen to go west but their best football success after the Border Conference has always been when they were with schools to their east. Their most successful period was in the Border Conference when they were near the center of the league.

You have to give NMSU credit on the win.  They are the stepchild to UNM and dont get the same funding.  It was so bad at one time I think there were having bake sales to support the team.  I know UNM hired there BB coach from last year and I guess they will hire the HC of the Aggies football team next year.  Someone will hire him because he has done a lot for having no real financial support.