‘19 RB Garrison Johnson (Manvel)

BTG_Fan1

11 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

.9 is a four-star. But they seem to round up on the composite rating, so anything over .85 is a four-star, if memory serves correct 

Thanks.  I noticed some outlets were calling Johnson a 4 star.  I would love to have a 4 star Johnson.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Ben Gooding said:

No, he does...UNT needs to revoke his media pass and let him get his stories from the parking lot. 

I agree. I'm usually not critical of BV but really Brett? I'm fairly active on social media. Follow a handful of beat writers and CUSA programs. Vito is the only one that announces every kid that goes somewhere else or gets an offer from somewhere else. It's like are you that hungry for attention? What is the deal?

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, TheReal_jayD said:

Nothing to see here. He was on vacation with family in New York. And he went and visited his old high school coach. Nothing more. 

They're clearly recruiting him.  They've offered him.  Obviously, it is something more on their part.  And it was an official visit.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Is it not newsworthy (I mean, it’s a blog, not a front page column) that our prized commit is taking a visit to an ACC school?

I hear you. my comment is more directed toward it being about every damn recruit, not our highest profile commit. I kinda get it here. But he does it for every single recruit that commits elsewhere and held or supposedly held a UNT offer.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, meangreenJW said:

I hear you. my comment is more directed toward it being about every damn recruit, not our highest profile commit. I kinda get it here. But he does it for every single recruit that commits elsewhere and held or supposedly held a UNT offer.

I am a little confused here. Brett is just doing on Twitter what happens on here. When we offer a player, a new thread is started. When that player commits somewhere else, it gets posted on the thread. Brett just puts it on Twitter for the followers he has there. His job is to report on happenings around the program, and he is doing that. Not sure why he is getting nailed for doing his job. I understand that we don't enjoy seeing the news that we missed a guy multiple times, but he is just reporting things that happen.

• Upvote 4

lol y'all are ridiculous. We already do the whole "committed elsewhere" thing here. 

These are just facts he's tweeting out. If you don't like it when folks commit elsewhere, well...good. Let the hate flow through you and donate for a better recruiting budget.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...