‘19 RB Garrison Johnson (Manvel)

BTG_Fan1

• 1 month later...
On 12/29/2017 at 3:54 PM, Venson said:

Not the fastest kid, but he is big and strong. They should offer, but they may be waiting based on the fact that he is a Junior right now. He blocks, runs, and catches. Definitely the bigger back that I would like to see.

Gives you flashes of Singletary and the Troy RB who would take 2/3 hits then go down and always seems to fall forward. This would a major addition not because of the rating/offers but because of the ability to just physically pound away on teams with his size which our current RBs don’t have. 

• Downvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Looking at this, it might just be coaches hired for a non-field position -

(From SBNATION) .  https://www.sbnation.com/college-football-recruiting/2017/4/12/15267040/ncaa-rule-high-school-coach-recruit-camp-hire

Essentially, it means that anyone associated with a prospect cannot be hired as a non-field coach within two years of the prospect’s signing (read: high school coaches primarily). That is a very limiting rule since there are only nine on-field coaching positions. And if you do hire a high school coach, he can’t recruit a prospect from his former school for two years. The intent here is simple: to prevent bigger schools from creating sham jobs that high school coaches can fill and then the college gain an advantage in recruiting.

Edited by El Paso Eagle
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cr1028 said:

247 has Kirk Martin listed as his primary recruiter at Syracuse.

If I understand correctly an HS coach hired for an "on-field" position can recruit. It's HS coaches hired for "off-field" positions cannot recruit or the school cannot recruit a player from that coaches former school. The basis being that schools could create positions/jobs to influence a recruit. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

If I understand correctly an HS coach hired for an "on-field" position can recruit. It's HS coaches hired for "off-field" positions cannot recruit or the school cannot recruit a player from that coaches former school. The basis being that schools could create positions/jobs to influence a recruit. 

I think that was the intent, but I'm interested to see how NCAA adjusts this.

• 2 months later...