Best in Texas (and surrounding States)

TheReal_jayD

35 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

UH pissed off Naaman Forest High in Garland, local as in DFW.  Don't really understand the infatuation with Tune.  

Things slow on My Little Pony Fans website?  Don't be scared of change at the big public school in your backyard.  It won't change what is coming.

Hey, leave him alone. He's worried Craig James got a hold of his mom.

• Haha 2
  • Downvote 2

8 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

Supporting your school and lying to yourself are not synonymous with one another.  

You're right, they're not the same.  You can support your school and celebrate a good year in college football.  A year in which expectations were greatly exceeded.  A year in which young players emerged, giving us hope for even better years to come.

OR, you can try your damnedest to find negatives.  That's what you choose Ben.  Sad, really.

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Downvote 2

3 minutes ago, GTWT said:

You're right, they're not the same.  You can support your school and celebrate a good year in college football.  A year in which expectations were greatly exceeded.  A year in which young players emerged, giving us hope for even better years to come.

OR, you can try your damnedest to find negatives.  That's what you choose Ben.  Sad, really.

Not really. 

0 players really emerged on D. The side of the ball that has and will continue to lose us games. That is my #1 concern. We are a poor man's version of Texas Tech. 

Forgive me that I'm not in the celebratory mood after our last 2 games....91-47. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 4

6 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

Not really. 

0 players really emerged on D. The side of the ball that has and will continue to lose us games. That is my #1 concern. We are a poor man's version of Texas Tech. 

Forgive me that I'm not in the celebratory mood after our last 2 games....91-47. 

Ben what was your prediction back in August?  Did you expect UNT would reach the conference championship game?  Did you expect the Mean Green would be in a bowl?

Just now, GTWT said:

Ben what was your prediction back in August?  Did you expect UNT would reach the conference championship game?  Did you expect the Mean Green would be in a bowl?

6-6

No. 

Yes. 

Our embarrasing defensive performance all year long has no relation to my preseason prediction. Neither does our sporadic offensive play. Unless I'm the official GMG pre-season Oracle? Is my prediction held in such regard? 

• Downvote 2

5 hours ago, CK2 said:

UH doesn't normally recruit at Naaman Forest so I doubt its a huge deal for them to be truly honest. 

I can assure you that nobody is worried about UNT. Do something that actually matters like beating a good P5 team,  getting ranked,  getting a 5 star recruit or he'll even a 4 star recruit, make a major bowl game or actually draw 30k then we'll talk. 

The fact that yall think drawing 22k to a game with UNT and Dentons size is impressive says it all. 

You sound worried. I guess I can’t blame you. The only obvious solution is for SMU to drop the football program and focus on other sports where 5,000 in attendance actually means something. 

Regarding Tune, the wheels must have come off in Houston if they are battling Kansas over a QB.

5 hours ago, CK2 said:

UH doesn't normally recruit at Naaman Forest so I doubt its a huge deal for them to be truly honest. 

I can assure you that nobody is worried about UNT. Do something that actually matters like beating a good P5 team,  getting ranked,  getting a 5 star recruit or he'll even a 4 star recruit, make a major bowl game or actually draw 30k then we'll talk. 

The fact that yall think drawing 22k to a game with UNT and Dentons size is impressive says it all. 

Curious, is your team SMU or UH?  Why are you here?  The only real reason would be that you are worried about what is happening in Denton.  Out of the three schools, UNT, UH and SMU, we currently have the best head coach and quite possibly the best athletic administration and plans for further expansion that puts on par with everyone else, finally.

UH doesn't normally recruit Naaman Forest?  They do if there are good ballplayers, and Garland produces a few.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, CK2 said:

Thanks for following UNT!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, CK2 said:

Yeah,  your mom's boob milk has been sour lately. 

You like 60+ year old women?  When the judge said to stop pursuing 12 year olds, he meant look for women your own age. 

And who in the hell says "boob milk" , seriously? 

Edited by Rudy
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

6-6

No. 

Yes. 

Our embarrasing defensive performance all year long has no relation to my preseason prediction. Neither does our sporadic offensive play. Unless I'm the official GMG pre-season Oracle? Is my prediction held in such regard? 

Ben, I'm just making the point that UNT won 50% more games than you predicted & went to the conference game when you thought they wouldn't.  I wonder how bad your attitude would be if your expectations had been met.  

The green koolaid glass is half full Ben.  Take a sip - it's delicious!

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

Not really. 

0 players??

I’m kinda afraid to ask, but what are your opinions on Rod Young, Josh Wheeler, Kemon Hall, & Brandon Garner?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

0 players??

I’m kinda afraid to ask, but what are your opinions on Rod Young, Josh Wheeler, Kemon Hall, & Brandon Garner?

BG - really? An emerging star? 

Hall - Inconsistent. 

Wheeler - Wasn't this year it for him? Oh, but good when out there. 

Rod Young - I'll give you him. Position for position, best player on the defense. Even still though, plays inconsistently at times due to tired legs BECAUSE there are no emerging players along the DL. 

• Downvote 2

14 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

Not really. 

Seriously? We won 9 games. In a bowl in back to back seasons for the 2nd time ever. Literally no single national publication or sportswriter picked us to win more than 7. You are delusional. 

Was our D good? No. But we won 9 games. We also were top 10 in the country in "Big Plays" meaning our D was on the field a lot. Also, in games when we struggle offensively Seth and Graham continue to throw the ball a lot. There is no "running the clock" to keep the score close. So scores get way out of hand in a hurry. If we ran it  more to milk the clock and played more conservatively in all three phases, the score (and defense) would look a little better.

Regardless, we'll be highly favored to go to a bowl for the third straight year next year. And SL will have the 2nd best 3 year start for a head coach at UNT if we do. Yet all you can do is gripe and bitch about every damn thing. Here is a stat that was on twitter today.

SportSourceAnalytics‏ @SportSourceA

Just another reminder: from 2013-present, just four programs have won 9+ games each year, just 11 have won 8+ games each year, just 23 have won 7+ games each year, and just 33 have not had a season in last five years when they won less than six games.

Only 23 teams in the country have averaged 7+ wins over the last 4 seasons. You know who's averaging 7 wins in his two seasons at UNT? SL.

No one on this board is claiming the defense was great or that they are satisfied. But 99% see the progress being made in this program. 

Edited by meangreenJW
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

8 minutes ago, meangreenJW said:

Seriously? We won 9 games. In a bowl in back to back seasons for the 2nd time ever. Literally no single national publication or sportswriter picked us to win more than 7. You are delusional. 

Was our D good? No. But we won 9 games. We also were top 10 in the country in "Big Plays" meaning our D was on the field a lot. Also, in games when we struggle offensively Seth and Graham continue to throw the ball a lot. There is no "running the clock" to keep the score close. So scores get way out of hand in a early. If we ran out it more to milk the clock and played more conservatively it would look a little better.

Regardless, we'll be highly favored to go to a bowl for the third straight year next year. And SL will have the 2nd best 3 year record ever at UNT if we do. Yet all you can do is gripe and bitch about every damn thing. Here is a stat that was on twitter today.

SportSourceAnalytics‏ @SportSourceA

Just another reminder: from 2013-present, just four programs have won 9+ games each year, just 11 have won 8+ games each year, just 23 have won 7+ games each year, and just 33 have not had a season in last five years when they won less than six games.

Only 23 teams in the country have averaged 7+ wins over the last 4 seasons. You know who's averaging 7 wins in his two seasons at UNT? SL

👏👏👏👏👏

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1

18 hours ago, CK2 said:

UNT draws around 1/6 the population of Denton.. 

What is the % for UH compared to the population of Houston?

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

BG - really? An emerging star? 

Hall - Inconsistent. 

Wheeler - Wasn't this year it for him? Oh, but good when out there. 

Rod Young - I'll give you him. Position for position, best player on the defense. Even still though, plays inconsistently at times due to tired legs BECAUSE there are no emerging players along the DL. 

It said ‘emerged’.   But I see now you mean for next year...   Wheeler gone, yes.   I thought BG was fairly decent this season & our defense was flat out awful when LeMasters or McDonald spelled him... if we’re talking tired legs. Hall was good for us this year.  He had a bad game in the CCG.  Otherwise, he was a pleasant surprise.  Jenkins in that same boat in the NOBowl, but he’s gone too.  And McClain had ‘emerged’ already but didn’t have that breakout year we were hoping for.

Edit:  holy cow, how did I forget Ejiya, who IS returning.

Edited by MeanGreenTexan

On 12/25/2017 at 12:04 PM, CK2 said:

It's a nice window dressing but perception is reality. UNT can't beat nor outrecruit Houston or SMU though. 

I would not say can't, I say we have not out recruited Houston or SMU.  Thinks can change, if it can be done at Boise State it can be done in Denton, TX.