Turn on Fox Sports SW

emmitt01

6 minutes ago, CaribbeanGreen said:

You disagree? What are the pass attempts, like 55 to 20?

Yeah I disagree. You say it’s not even close. I don’t know how you could say that. That an absurd statement. I’m not knocking Martin he’s got some upside but both QBs are good. Martin had the way better weapons and the better team by far. HP had no business being in that game. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Mean_Green09 said:

Yeah I disagree. You say it’s not even close. I don’t know how you could say that. That an absurd statement. I’m not knocking Martin he’s got some upside but both QBs are good. Martin had the way better weapons and the better team by far. HP had no business being in that game. 

Maybe not even close is extreme, but I feel like Martin has a much stronger live arm, especially on downfield throws. JSJ is an absolute gamer and he makes plays, but Martin has all the measurables you'd want and I believe he's that coaches kid/leader of men you'd want too. 

• Downvote 1

15 minutes ago, unt_rocket09 said:

Just Bc HP is white doesn’t mean they aren’t loaded too. Those guys are good. 

You really think it’s a white thing? Those of saying Manvel is loaded is bc of the amount of guys they have that will play FBS or FCS level football. 

HP had no where near the talent that Manvel had. Pretty much anyone following txfb would tell you that

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

18 minutes ago, shootermcgavin44 said:

What a hater

Kid played his absolute heart out. Shame on you 

So I’m a hater because the announcers are going WAAAAY overboard with the hyperbole?  

That’s not a knock on the kid.  I’m just not gonna say they should rename the Staples Center because a high school kid scores 50 points there.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Mean_Green09 said:

You really think it’s a white thing? Those of saying Manvel is loaded is bc of the amount of guys they have that will play FBS or FCS level football. 

HP had no where near the talent that Manvel had. Pretty much anyone following txfb would tell you that

Ya Bc I know exactly what people are hinting at. HP has really good HS football players and a D1 q and #88 is a D1 WR if he wants to be.  How many of Manvel’s studs are white? 1. We know exactly what everyone is thinking.  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 6

13 minutes ago, unt_rocket09 said:

Ya Bc I know exactly what people are hinting at. HP has really good HS football players and a D1 q and #88 is a D1 WR if he wants to be.  How many of Manvel’s studs are white? 1. We know exactly what everyone is thinking.  

yeah, but let's be honest here. Most incredibly affluent communities - often with one high school- in Texas - HP, SLC, Allen, Lake Travis,  etc. - is dominant every year or close to it. They have every resource there is. Every ounce of support you could imagine. It's not a level playing field or anything close to it. Sure, HP has some studs. Absolutely. And they've had access to the best coaching from just about birth. 

Edited by CaribbeanGreen
  • Upvote 4

36 minutes ago, Mean_Green09 said:

Yet one school has 6 titles and the other has zero. Huh. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

6 hours ago, unt_rocket09 said:

Granted Manvel hasn’t been around long, but I get your point. HP has more resources and advantages than almost every school in the state. 

This makes all the difference in high school football. One kid can take over a game, you need the other 10 on the field to be well coached. Don't underestimate the off-season. Seasons are won & lost in the weight room and access to top notch equipment plus coaching is a major advantage. There’s a reason why affluent areas are so competitive.